Teterboro Airport

Jim Hall

Is there a FSX Scenery for Teterboro Airport? I haven't done an add-on because I'm afraid I'll screw it up but I would like to add Block Island and Providence also. Is there a thread on how to add add-ons for Dummies? I have FSX Steam.
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

FSX - FSX SceneryFSX Scenery--Teterboro Airport

[ Download | View | Video ]

Name: teterboroktebversion2_0.zip

Size: 55,558,690 Date: 04-14-2011 Downloads: 1,608

teterboroktebversion2_0.gif

FSX Scenery--Teterboro Airport (KTEB), NJ. Teterboro Airport is located across the Hudson River in New Jersey, just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan. Teterboro Airport is considered a general aviation reliever airport. As a reliever airport, it does not offer scheduled airline service, nor does it permit operations of any aircraft in excess of 100,000 pounds on any airport surface. Teterboro Airport has five fixed base operators (FBOs), Atlantic Aviation, Jet Aviation, First Aviation, Meridian, and Signature Aviation. Teterboro - KTEB version 2 includes the latest Google Earth photo texture that depics the completed construction work of the taxiways and aprons. Photo texture includes summer, fall, winter, and spring variance textures. Night textures also included, along with snow textures in the winter months. Vegetation autogen has been re-worked. All taxiways, taxisigns are present and depicted to real life. Custom taxilights and runway ground markings included, the ground detail is exact. All stock FSX hangars have been replaced with custom hangars. Animated people and birds are found on the airfield. Numerous SAMM generated static business jets and some light general aviation aircraft are present. By Eric McCloud.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Sorry, Zip, but I now have downloaded the file and it is sitting in my download folder. What do I do with it? Do I have to move it? And then does it appear automatically whenever I'm at or near the airport? I hope to use this thread as a template for adding other airports later. Thanks again. And to you Jorgen for your suggestion.
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

I just downloaded 7-ZIP and saw it in my Program Files.

In the Programs Files folder, does the 7-zip folder, under Types, show Compressed or File Folder?

If it shows File folder, than you are good to go.

Now take the Teterboro folder and place it on your desktop where you have some extra room to work with, place your mouse cursor on it and Right click it with your mouse. In the window that pops up, you will see a heading that shows 7-zip. Place your mouse cursor on the 7-zip header and another pop up window will appear. Countdown 5 titles to where you see "Extract to" (the name of the Teterboro folder)

and double click it. This will de-compress the Teterboro file that you downloaded and it will create a second Teterboro folder that will contain all the individual files of the program. Open up that folder and look for a "Readme" file that will give you instructions and what to do to install the program.

Mr. Zippy provided this link for a tutorial on how to install the folder into FSX.

All went well: I double clicked and saw the decompression of the Teterboro and I'm sure a second Teterboro folder was created, but where can I find it? I do see in the "Downloads" folder two subfolders:

7z2106-x64(1).exe

7z2106-x64.exe.

Is it one of these?

It seems that you unzipped it twice. The first line "looking" a copy of the second line.

Anyway, just right click on the second line and execute as administrator, it should start

the install routine. When done, make sure the new scene is active in the FSX library.

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

Almost there and thank you for your patience. I did as you said above and I found:

1. The Teterboro Scenery was not in the FSX Library

2. I found 7zFM.exe and 7zG.exe in C:/Program Files>7-zip>

I am supposing that I should have instructed the Install to the FSX Library instead of the C:/Program Files. If so, do I move 7zFM.exe and 7zG.exe from the C:/Program Files to a FSX folder? Which one?

More success. In "Settings-Scenic Library" I now have in the #1 position "Teterboro-KTEB version 2.0". It has a check next to it as does "Addon Scenery" below it and all the others below. I highlight Teterboro click "Okay" and it loads (Building database...". I go to Free Flight to Change Name of departure airport to Teterboro, click on Add On Scenery, and expect to see Teterboro but nothing is there. In post #6 his was there. My Addons is empty.

Thanks for all your efforts Mr.Zippy, they are much appreciated. I think I have enough information now to work it out.

Lastly however delete the file "7z2106-x64(1).exe" as it is simply a copy of 7z2106-x64.exe and is not needed whatsoever. It is merely taking up valuable real estate on the drive where you have it stored.

i7 8086K @ 5.2 GHz, H115i Pro Cooler, GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7, 8GB GeForce GTX 1080, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3200Mhz, 250GB SAMSUNG 970 M.2, 500GB SAMSUNG 970 M.2, 1TB WD Black, EVGA 650watt SuperNOVA G3 80+ GOLD, Corsair Black Obsidian Series 750D case, LG Ext Blu-ray/CD/DVD, Win 10 64bit, Samsung 32” Odyssey G70B 4K IPS 144Hz G-Sync

Thanks to you, I am happy to report that I have mastered doing Addons for FSX. Having done so I’ve gone a little bit crazy adding airports, scenery, and one airplane. (I want to fly the Beaver after I’ve become proficient with the Cessna 172 and all navigation). I would like to have your opinion about the best Cessna 172 glass cockpit addon as that will be my default plane for quite a while. Thank you.