Arriving at the Marshall Islands: C-97-G "Pan American"

peer01

Nice looking plane Jan! Who'd you hire to fly it and keep it dry?? Those shots on final look really low. Perhaps you should take up choppers. That's how we fly. But in our case it's on purpose. :cool:

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I've never seen one either Col....:(

O&O: I never eat peanuts on a flight deck you hear!

This is the only STRAT I have ever seen! It's on display at the March Air Force Base Museum in Riverside, California. I went there with my dad in the mid 80's when he donated some of his squadron memorabilia to the museum and then we took the tour. This STRAT was in the movie Strategic Air Command with Jimmy Stewart.

teaserbox_12711986 (1).jpg

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

This is the only STRAT I have ever seen! It's on display at the March Air Force Base Museum in Riverside, California. I went there with my dad in the mid 80's when he donated some of his squadron memorabilia to the museum and then we took the tour. This STRAT was in the movie Strategic Air Command with Jimmy Stewart.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]227727[/ATTACH]

Great shot! I flew in and out of March quite a bot in the 60's. We were always bartering with SAC for things we needed and they had too many of. Having said that, I never remember seeing a Strat there back then.

Though I did see and walk through one at Wright Pat. Amazing for its' era!!

But then again I love the sight and especially the sound of all those huge rotary recips! The low level flyover of many WW II planes over Memphis Tn. during the dedication of the Memphis Belle display out on Mud Island is a sight and sound I'll never forget. Bomber after bomber with bomb bay doors open flying only a few hundred feet off the deck and directly over our heads!!! They were so low you could actually see and make out items inside the planes through the open bomb doors!!!

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.