Leaving Scandinavia behind

Finally leaving Scandinavia behind. Took of from Alesund, Norway and heading for Shetland Isles.

Starting up.

20201002211109_1.jpg

Pushback. Tried to warn that poor fellow... Safety precautions on this field were obviously poor.

20201002212831_1.jpg

Here we go! Even autopilot behaves.

20201002214427_1.jpg

20201002215809_1.jpg

20201002220114_1.jpg

Seawater looks actually quite beautiful...

Edited by Scratch/Rapsu

Well I hope you filled up on pickled herring and akvavit. Can't get those in Scotland you know. :confused:

OK, maybe you can but they come with a side of Haggis. :p Actually, I quite like Haggis. :)

What I'm trying to say is nice shots. :o -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

I dont know what is happening here, maybe too much herring for me on my way here, but this was quite an interesting experience.

Shetland Isles were not what I expected :rolleyes: Landing at EGPM was an interesting one. Surreal landscape, impossible approach to runway 06 and they insisted I must land on that one.

I missed it before I started recording. Approach to 06 was scary as hell, but I was determined, before I realized it was impossible. ATC giving misinformation, strong crosswind and poor visibility did not help at all. And every time I used ATC window at my second monitor, I lost control of my joystick and throttle before I activated main window again. Never going to keep that ATC window detached again before it is fixed... But after many ugly and unprofessional manouvers (I was getting desperate) I decided to ignore ATC and everything and just land. Notice 45 degree final aproach... Another bug or wind that was, but I managed to land, which I'm proud of. In these surreal conditions, where even cars are flying and roads have 80 degree slopes...

20201002233552_1.jpg

Here is unedited video of my struggles :pilot:

Safety on the ground! Accomplishment :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OMG those are some steep slopes! I hope anyone driving on that road isn't in a SUV!! It'd probably turn turtle on them.

And yes from shots I've seen, the airport staff presentation doesn't seem well done. I was watching a demonstration video the other day and the aircraft puller like the one you show, was moving a fairly large aircraft while totally unmanned! :eek: Even the presenter of the demonstration commented on that one.

Very nice shots!!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.