New download, new experience for me, the Piper Malibu Meridian

Not bad at all David Straka! I have managed to stay away from Turbo Props, the whole torque thing is new to me, but I guess I can still learn a new trick or two? Whole new learning curve for me! :rolleyes:

2020-5-11_18-0-23-220.jpg

2020-5-11_18-2-30-583.jpg

Thanks to you also Paul Craig! You did a nice job on this! The red Malibu is also quite appealing!

Rick :cool::cool:

Looking good Rick! I’m finding her really fun to fly :cool:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SWEET!!! And yes, like flying some of the old radial recips, single engine turboprop flying has a lot to do with handling all that torque. Especially at low speed like on takeoffs!! :eek::eek:

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Okay, I was growing tired of the Turbo Prop, seemed like a lot more work than I chose to do, so I went looking! I found the Piper Malibu Mirage 350, download said AI, so I went thru the normal downloading and all is well. Nice flying aircraft. I will keep the 500 Turbo Prop, I may come back to it another day?

2020-5-15_18-41-9-661.jpg

Rick :cool::cool:

I know exactly what you mean Rick.

Sometimes I really enjoy a step by step startup, engine warmup, "filing" a flight plan etc. as in "siming" a real flight! It's great great and a hugely cheap form of practice when preparing to get Type Certified on a new aircraft RW. And it also reminds me of good and bad days flying RW as well. So I do have some planes, mostly payware, that make you work to "fly" them.

But there are times, frankly most times, I just want to enjoy looking at scenery and buzzing around. Then I usually use default or other very simple to operate aircraft & relax. :cool:

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Michael - This is just something that I have never been exposed to. I'm familiar with flying with MP and RPM, but have never been exposed to torque with the likes of the Beech King Air and now the Turbo Prop Piper Malibu Meridian. Another thing that is most annoying is the sound that the turbo prop emits in Flight sim. Knowing how nice both the King Air and the Piper Malibu is, they must really soundproof their cabins in RW aviation! I found a nice payware

Piper Malibu 350, that I just may purchase. What I downloaded was originally meant for AI, but the download allows it to be a flyable freeware aircraft as well!

I will keep both these aircraft loaded in the computer! I am very content flying the non Turbo Prop Malibu, but I may from time to time play around with the Turbo Prop. I hate to see all Paul Craig's effort go to waste, as it does appear he has come up with a quality freeware download!

Rick :cool:

Edited by Downwind66

I don't pay much attention to the manifold pressure. I'm using throttle position when I fly it. (I know just lazy guess work :rolleyes:) So approach and landing anywhere between half throttle to 1/4 throttle. Just remember if you have to slow down and close the throttle, it takes just a bit of time to spool back up!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David - Check your regular email! I am starting to like this aircraft. Forcing myself to learn Turbo Props and power management with it!

Rick :cool:

Already installed. I wrote you back. :)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]