Question about bots getting into your steam inventory?

Eag711

Okay so I was searching on the web, trying to find out why there is so many bots in fsx, and couldn’t find much. Except for one forum discussing the issue and it was extremely short, and didn’t offer much insight. What it sounds like, is that these “bots” can go around and somehow get into my inventory, on steam and make a trade with their account? My question is, how exactly can they do that? Does steam keep a list of people you recently played with or something?

My inventory shows 0 even though I’ve bought 5 DLC aircraft, and including the game itself. Shouldn’t all of this be in my inventory? Anyway, I’ve made my stuff private now. But I’m also not understanding how a bot can grab stuff in my inventory without my password?

This is curious; I have never heard of such a thing. I have FSX-SE and a few other games on Steam but no purchased DLC on anything except the Skyrim expansions. My FSX-SE is primarily a default-only safety backup on a Win10 OS and I rarely access that except to update every couple of months. I guess I'll take a look and see if my library seems to be intact. Thanks for posting your concerns. I wouldn't miss the Euro-Truck (?) thingy or No Man's sky. Skyrim is the only one that I still enjoy (you know, the add-on Waifu girls and their curves). Now if FSX/P3d had such enhanced cabin crew....

Are you sure the missing stuff isn't just 'hidden' for some reason - I 'hide' stuff that I've uninstalled so I don't have to look at it; I want those to appear 'gone' even though I still own them.

Peace!, to a suffering planet.

Loyd

Edited by llivaudais

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

This is curious; I have never heard of such a thing.

This may enlighten you, then :) :

https://steam.supply/Home

There is no suggestion they do anything underhand, they seem to just facilitate deals. I can't say I have ever had an interest in deals, I keep my account totally locked up and private and I have never been bothered by anything or anyone. Not yet, anyway!

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Thanks for the link. Pass on that.

Sounds like something with a learning curve. At my age, if I were just discovering Flight Sims, I believe that I might be too intimidated to tackle it. As it is, I'm still learning new stuff almost every day after 25-ish years in the hobby. What must it feel like to a new-comer, seeing all the accessories available for free and for a price. I eased into it, continuously upgrading since FS4. Old hat with that approach; starting out now, from scratch? Daunting. It almost has to be.

stay safe people

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

I confess... I have almost NO idea what this thread is about - LOL.

And I've been playing an MS flight sim product starting WAY back when the only airplane in the library was the Wright Flyer, cuz that WAS the only airplane that had taken to the skies at that point.

Does it reference online play? Never done that, and with social distancing I'm sure not gonna start interacting with some strangers and catch a virus.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Does it reference online play? Never done that, and with social distancing I'm sure not gonna start interacting with some strangers and catch a virus.

I think those are refereed to as "Multiplayer Cooties"! ;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

bots? This is a new one on me, of course I am not running Steam? I guess anything is possible. Here we are dealing with a Pandemic, an invisible enemy, which up until now we never gave it a thought, so I will not discount any mentions of Bots, it's just that I have never experienced them!

Rick :cool:

bots? This is a new one on me, of course I am not running Steam? I guess anything is possible. Here we are dealing with a Pandemic, an invisible enemy, which up until now we never gave it a thought, so I will not discount any mentions of Bots, it's just that I have never experienced them!

Rick :cool:

Yes I play fsx steam. And this occurs online. It’ll say the same username, on like 10 or 15 other aircraft, who are parked in random places, some may be on a mountain, in the ocean, or frozen in air. It’s weird.