Installing FS2004 into Windows 10 & Copying FS2004 from your OLD PC to your NEW PC

zswobbie1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this is missplaced, but here goes:  Is FS9 on Win11 possible?

I've been running FS9 on my Win 10 desktop machine for some time - quirky, but it works.  But Microsoft keeps wanting me to upgrade (free) to Win11, which I have on my newer laptop.  I'm worried that if I upgrade my desktop to Win11, then FS9 won't work.  I tried installing FS9 on my Win11 laptop (basic install, not changing any options), and it won't run.  I've not added the "nodisc" FSUIPC or the 9.1 or 9.2, but I thought I'd ask if that will make a difference.  A quick web search gave a few hints, but . . .

Advice?  Thanks!

23 hours ago, dducore said:

Sorry if this is missplaced, but here goes:  Is FS9 on Win11 possible?

I've been running FS9 on my Win 10 desktop machine for some time - quirky, but it works.  But Microsoft keeps wanting me to upgrade (free) to Win11, which I have on my newer laptop.  I'm worried that if I upgrade my desktop to Win11, then FS9 won't work.  I tried installing FS9 on my Win11 laptop (basic install, not changing any options), and it won't run.  I've not added the "nodisc" FSUIPC or the 9.1 or 9.2, but I thought I'd ask if that will make a difference.  A quick web search gave a few hints, but . . .

Advice?  Thanks!

You MUST install the 9.1 update & the 9.1 patch.

Also, NOT in the default Program files folder.

Please read the 1st post on this site on how to install into Windows 10.. Installing into Windows 11 is exactly the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I  remember long time ago i had to install net.framework 4.0 . This is going many years back. A assume that we dont need something like that.

SWIFT. I have to say i miss the old squawk box . I know we have no other option for FS9 than SWIFT but it is what it is. 

SWIFT can be installed anywhere i assume.

I have used a CH yoke and throttle for years with no issues on a 64 bit computer.

Plug and play.

What specific product are you using?

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

1 hour ago, NEBOJSA said:

When i try to install it says it does not recognize 64 bit.

You should only need to "install" FS Yoke if you plan on configuring the controls other than default.

These are plug and play devices, have you tried the controls to see if they work, or just stuck at the install?

Also, are you using CH Control Manager if you are configuring the yoke, throttle, etc?

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

My Yoke is from 1997. I dont know if that make a difference. In 1998 i started with FS98 Win XP  went to Win7,10 al 32 bit. No issue wit the yoke

Now i have (new) pc Win11 64 bit, and when i try to install the yoke software i get the error. I tried on my sons pc Win 10 64 bit same problem. I talked to ch yoke people they say could be the yoke is defective. It was not defective last week with the 32 bit system. 

CH CONTROL MANAGER ...I dont recall using it ever, i  dont know. There has to be a fix for this.

9 minutes ago, NEBOJSA said:

when i try to install the yoke software i get the error

Let me ask this again, rather than "installing" the yoke, have you just run FSX, plugged in the yoke, and seen if it works or not?

I have never "installed" any yoke, rudder, or throttle.

I just plug and play.

phrog x 2.jpg

Sorry for the misunderstanding. It appears the yoke is working. Interesting. I could swear over the years i installed the ch yoke software in FS9.

I am trying the FSX/STEAM because my old FS9 disc 4 got a crack and it wont install. The first 3 disc's went fine. FS9 and Level-D 767 worked beautiful. I am in the process of getting another FS9.

I am trying the FSX but having issues with Level-D for FSX " Panel Initialization failure" that is happening.  Being with FS9 so long and the same with Level-D, switching to Steam is different.

3 hours ago, NEBOJSA said:

It appears the yoke is working

That's the important part. 

Happy Simming!

phrog x 2.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

I just copied FS9 on my W10 PC like the author of this thread explained it , aaaaand of course, the game doesn't launch when i click on the icon or event the fs9.exe. Nothing happens. Yes my game is on my C:/  (a SSD btw)

Don't know if anywone can help me, I'm not very skilled with PCs.... it was easier during FS9 times 20 years ago 😅

Edited by km75
added info

On 11/1/2023 at 3:11 PM, km75 said:

Hi all,

I just copied FS9 on my W10 PC like the author of this thread explained it , aaaaand of course, the game doesn't launch when i click on the icon or event the fs9.exe. Nothing happens. Yes my game is on my C:/  (a SSD btw)

Don't know if anywone can help me, I'm not very skilled with PCs.... it was easier during FS9 times 20 years ago 😅

Did you get it?

Did you copy it to c:\ not C:\ MSFT games?

Did you install the FS9 9.1 update  in main FS9 folder?

If so go to main FS9 bolder, find the fs9.exe, right click/ compatibility/ pull down menu, click XP service pack 2/ save.

Then right click it again/ create shortcut/ cut it/ paste it to your Desktop

55 minutes ago, deauxwolf said:

Did you get it?

Did you copy it to c:\ not C:\ MSFT games?

Did you install the FS9 9.1 update  in main FS9 folder?

If so go to main FS9 folder, find the fs9.exe, right click/ compatibility/ pull down menu, click XP service pack 2 or 3 save.

Also  the FS9. CFG file in Users/roaming/ msft

55 minutes ago, deauxwolf said:

Then right click it again/ create shortcut/ cut it/ paste it to your Desktop

FWIW My videos, the first 11, most recent, were created with Xbox recorder  for windows (Start +G) and MSFT ClipChamp? to add music. The next 20+videos were done with fraps + 2 other programs xvid and NCH, what a pain, took days, Xbox is a God send if you like recording and posting vids...

Keyboard Flyer no joy stick since 1993  DOS- Win 3- Win 10.

All Classic R&R 

https://www.youtube.com/user/sneauxwolf/videos

gl,

TS