Guyana Airways fleet

Hi,

I've just uploaded the latest fleet, and it's from sunny Guyana in northern South America.

They had a quite interesting history, in that just about all their aircraft were leased. Their livery over the years was also interesting and varied.

Some info on Guyana Airways:

"Guyana Airways was formed in 1963 in Georgetown Guyana, and a network of scheduled services was developed through the 1960s and 1970s linking Georgetown with 24 domestic destinations, as well as Miami, Boa Vista (Brazil), and such Caribbean spots as Barbados and Port of Spain. Guyana Airways virtually leased all its aircraft, which is why many different aircraft types were used during the airline's operations. In 1978 its fleet consisted of a DC-6A, 2 Hawker Siddeley HS 748s, 2 DHC-4A Caribou, 2 DHC-6 Twin Otters, and 1 Cessna 310. Later on Tu-154s, L-188 Freighters, 2 707-300s, a 737-200, and a 757-200 were added to the fleet. The 707s were used for the direct service between Paramaribo and New York. In 1999 the airline ceased operations due to financial problems."

The planes:

Boeing 707-323 [Captain Sim]

1 Guyana 707-323 Adv.jpg

1a Guyana 707-323 Adv.jpg

Boeing 737-2L9 [Tinmouse]

2 Guyana 737-2L9.jpg

2a Guyana 737-2L9.jpg

Boeing 757-28A [TDS]

3 Guyana 757-28A.jpg

3a Guyana 757-28A.jpg

de Havilland Canada DHC-4 Caribou [Mike Stone]

4 Guyana DHC-4 Caribou.jpg

4a Guyana DHC-4 Caribou.jpg

Douglas DC-3 [Manfred Jahn]

5 Guyana DC-3.jpg

5a Guyana DC-3.jpg

Douglas DC-6A [CalClassic]

6 Guyana DC-6A.jpg

6a Guyana DC-6A.jpg

Continued below...................................

Edited by coronado990

Hi Ted,

I have done some real airlines but what stopped me was most of them are already done. I spent some time on one and uploaded it only to find there was already a couple done with the same aircraft plus one of them was a lot better than mine so course only a few downloaded it, this was years ago mind.

Then I decided to make a few up because I knew they wouldn't be done, I got some compliments but again because they weren't real airlines not many were interested, but I like doing them so as the saying goes, 'You can't please everyone so might as well please yourself'

Not sure if you know or not I had a lot of them stored on a spare hard drive and accidentally formatted it so I lost them all, I still had some on disk and pen drives but I did lose a lot.

I'm not in to using these graphics programs either, I can't get my head round them so all my paints are done using FsRepaint, I know it not the best program but I manage with it.

Col.

Need a big hanger for all those! Very nice

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks David, Gerard, and Rick.

Col, I see where you're coming from. I also wanted to paint some aircraft which I liked, but someone else had done them already, so it would've basically been a waste of time. However, having said that, there are some liveries which I will do, even if they have been done before. In the distant future, I want to do one of my all time favorite liveries; the TWA double globe livery. I know its been done in the past but, hey, who cares, I'll do it anyway.

Sorry to hear that you lost most of your planes. It's just one of those things. I think many people have lost valuable files due to computer glitches, faults, breakdowns etc.. Life goes on.

Now on to my next fleet. A little hint; it's an airline which was the victim of an unlucky, and heart wrenching disaster not too long ago.

Adios

• 8 months later...
  • Founder
I'm actually from Guyana so I'm very happy you did these repaints. Also, Guyana Airways is making a return in 2021!

I can't seem to find a download link. Can you help me?

These files are in the library here. You find them by using our file library search.

In the blue menu bar above select "File Library" and under that "Search Files". Do a text search on "guyana airways".