PB4Y Airtanker 122 arriving at Portland-Hillsboro (FSX)

Hawkins & Powers Cosolidated PB4Y airtanker 122 arriving at Portland-Hillsboro after a flight from Abottsford in Canada. H&P owned 3 PB4Y airtankers and they fought numerous wildfires through the years. It all ended in 2002 when PBY4 Airtanker 123 went down after loosing a wing during a retardent drop, a month after another H&P operated airtanker (a Hercules) lost 2 wings. Both crews parished. The whole airtanker fleet was grounded and inspected. the result was the end of an era, all 4 engined warbirds were retired.

FSX Gold Edition with Acceleration

Freeware PB4Y airtanker by Milton Shupe and his team

Payware Orbx scenery

Freeware Drzewiecki Grass textures

Freeware HDE-V2 clouds

Please click on the pics to enlarge:

01.jpg

02.jpg

Descending over the Columbia river

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

The landing at Hillsboro in te reply****

Edited by peer01
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great shots and history. I do remember the one losing a wing. Didn't know about the other. Thanks for sharing! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great views, great story!

On the other hand, I've not understood all: you're now in the business of dropping water from above unto land? Thought you were in landing from above unto water :):):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Thanks very much Rick, Jim, David and Larry, Gerard and Colin, much appreciated.:):):):)

It came out Both Hawkins & Power accidents were caused by fatigue. It also became clear that maintenance wasn't "first class".

The whole air tanker fleet was inspected and many old props were grounded. :(:(

The freeware base pack contains Airtanker 123 (SOH) , separate repaints for 121 and 122 are available separately

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]