A different and older boeing 307

She's a grand old lady Rick and I'm happy you found her. She is a beauty to behold and a great hand flyer. I'm sure you will have as much fun with her as I did. :cool: :cool: :) It's been a while but I remember the last time I was in her cockpit very well.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?220029-RTW-Retro-Flight-12-Hanoi-to-Vientiane-1962

Larry

Thanks Larry! Yes, I am having fun flying her. For being as large as she is, she still flies at a pretty good clip! Flying her is like driving a large comfortable SUV compared to a small 4 cyl compact vehicle. Very satisfied with the download and she probably will remain a "keeper!"

AND, thanks for the link to your previously submitted thread about the 307! Nice pics and storyline! Enjoyed it!

Rick :cool:

I never knew these existed until a few minutes ago. A 4 engine propliner aircraft, taildragger. Quite pleasing to fly, very stable.

Cruises at 180 KIAS, 2200 RPM, 35" MP.

b307_v11.zip in this site's library.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]208031[/ATTACH]

It looks like the cabin pressure is turned up too high. Kind of bloated! :p

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David - Let me share with you a short story! Years ago, Chevrolet redesigned the Chevy Caprice, and they truly looked like tanks on wheels. I always remarked at how bad they looked. One day, my son was talking to a Palm Beach County Sheriffs deputy, and he told the deputy that his dad thinks the newly designed Chevrolets looked like tanks. The deputy said, "Go home and tell your Dad, that you spoke to me about the looks of my patrol car, and tell him that when I am driving this vehicle, I don't know what it looks like from the outside, don't really care what others think about it's design. It is one of the nicest driving vehicles I have ever driven!" END OF STORY This aircraft is one of the nicest flying freeware aircraft I have had in a long long time! I like it and that's all that counts for me!

David - Let me share with you a short story! Years ago, Chevrolet redesigned the Chevy Caprice, and they truly looked like tanks on wheels. I always remarked at how bad they looked. One day, my son was talking to a Palm Beach County Sheriffs deputy, and he told the deputy that his dad thinks the newly designed Chevrolets looked like tanks. The deputy said, "Go home and tell your Dad, that you spoke to me about the looks of my patrol car, and tell him that when I am driving this vehicle, I don't know what it looks like from the outside, don't really care what others think about it's design. It is one of the nicest driving vehicles I have ever driven!" END OF STORY This aircraft is one of the nicest flying freeware aircraft I have had in a long long time! I like it and that's all that counts for me!

LOL! As long as you like it, that's all that counts! :D

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gerard - It's a Boeing 307, only 10 ever produced! I never knew it existed until yesterday! I referenced the file name for this site's library.

FSX - FSX Propliners

FSX Boeing 307 Stratoliner

[ Download | View ]

Name: b307_v11.zip

Size: 9,000,940 Date: 11-23-2008 Downloads: 5,185

FSX Boeing 307 Stratoliner, v1.1. The Boeing 307 was the first pressurized airliner. Because of the war, only ten were built, initially for Pan American and TWA (and a special version for Howard Hughes). Five versions are included here, in Pan Am and TWA colors as well as Airnautic and Aigle Azur. This version 1.1 is for FSX only, and has been modified to work correctly with all versions of FSX. FS2004 users should download B307_V10.ZIP instead. By Jens B. Kristensen.

Style at 20,000 feet :pilot:

220px-Passengers_on_a_Pan_Am_Boeing_307.jpg

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've got to be honest, just my personal opinion but I've never liked the look of this aircraft. As others have said it might be nice to fly but the outside look puts me off.

Why did they only ever make 10?

Col.

Colin - It only says, "Because of the war, there were only 10 produced" That's all I got out of the package. Some planes just don't have an "eye appeal" to them. Another example would be the Airbus A380, which I thought was about as bad as they come, but the aircraft is a nice flier! I guess, nothing counted with the A380 as I hear they are now history, no more being produced!

Don't forget the B-377 Stratocruiser was developed on the B-307. The plane was underpowered and almost all the 307 airliners were used as troop- and cargoships in WW2. (C-75)

I did a post back in 2008: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?181871-C-75-Stratofreighter-in-Alaska

There are several repaints available, 2 French (post WW2) and 2 American.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jan - Yes, there were 5 liveries, I believe. I wanted to stick with only 2, the PanAm and the TWA. I really only needed one, as that is all I can fly at one time! That livery you have looks nice with the red stripes down the fuselage!

Just found out that the 307 V10 zip (for FS9) doesn't work in FSX-Acceleration. Means the "Air Laos" and the Equatorial repaint can't be used in my sim. Pity. In FS9 there are only 2 fuselage.dds files, in FSX there are 3 fuselage.dds files. means parts of the fuselage are missing in FSX. so the Fs9 militairy repaints don't work either. :confused::(
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
I've got to be honest, just my personal opinion but I've never liked the look of this aircraft. As others have said it might be nice to fly but the outside look puts me off.

Why did they only ever make 10?

Col.

This gives a whole new meaning to the saying "Different strokes for different folks!"

Col's B377

Boeing B377 Guppy Pushback.jpg

VS B307

2019-2-28_21-49-30-283.jpg

Sorry, Col, I just couldn't resist. I guess our personal tastes is what truly makes us unique!

This gives a whole new meaning to the saying "Different strokes for different folks!"

Col's B377

[ATTACH=CONFIG]208503[/ATTACH]

VS B307

[ATTACH=CONFIG]208504[/ATTACH]

Sorry, Col, I just couldn't resist. I guess our personal tastes is what truly makes us unique!

Looks like you two are "chubby chasers"! :eek:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived