Text sign in panel

beroun

Hi,

I need to identify the switch I installed in one of my panels and need a simple sign above it to read what the switch is for.

Is there any gauge, which I could install in this panel and where I could designate what it reads? Searched to no avail.

Thanks for any advise.

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Hi Peter,

Without knowing what your switch is for we're shooting in the dark, but you have two options:

1: Edit the switch background bitmap to include the label

2: If the switch is an .xml gauge, add Tooltips with the switch name and the 'On' or 'Off' state

The third, deluxe option, is to have both of the above and why not?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Tim,

It is a pitot heat switch I moved from the B787 OH panel to the main panel:

gauge103=KW_787v2!PitotHeat, 83,610,22,22

I keep forgetting switching it on in cold weather.

But what I was hoping is to get a simple plate above it just to read "Pitot Heat". Regret I am not familiar how to edit a switch bitmap or tool tips in xml (below is xml)? A quick guide would be appreciated. I think the label shows but only when I hover the mouse over it. But I was hoping to get a permanent sign.

Cheers

Peter

-

-

-

(A:Pitot heat,bool)

-

-

-

(>K:PITOT_HEAT_TOGGLE)

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Something to look at and think about.....take a look at the pitot switch in your default C-172 or similar aircraft. I'm not using FS9, but in my Sim, I have "borrowed" that switch for use in other aircraft and the labeling comes with it. I always say "keep it simple".

You should always turn on the Pitot switch for every flight, unless you are in a very hot desert climate.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi Mr Zippy,

noted that default C-172 has sign above the Pitot Heat Switch but the gauge also combines multiple switches (Fuel Pump, Landing Lights, Taxi, Nav, Strobe). I do not know how I would split Pitot Heat from it. But will look at other aircraft I have (100+) perhaps I will find one with the individual switch and the sign above it.

I am surprised there is no gauge which would allow free entry text to be shown. There are gauges showing the airline and flight number in the main panel:

gauge45=KW_787v2!AIRLINE, 276,477,100,19

gauge46=KW_787v2!FLIGHT NUMBER, 276,496,100,19

Perhaps altering these would allow for the free text entry. Regretfully I do not know how to alter XML.

PS. This is just a curiosity, not necessity.

Cheers

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Archived