B17 Yankee Lady at Willow Run Airport

Yes, they still flyer her for rides and at air shows. I became a member of the museum and got a ride. For about $400 you can also!

fsscr000.jpg

fsscr001.jpg

fsscr002.jpg

fsscr003.jpg

fsscr004.jpg

fsscr005.jpg

fsscr006.jpg

fsscr007.jpg

fsscr008.jpg

fsscr009.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

P1001414[1].jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David - For $400, I not only want to ride in it, I want to touch it, feel it, fly it! What a beauty! The last pic is the real B17 you flew in, the white B17 pics were from a download?

Nice pics, David, thanks for sharing!

Rick :cool:

Yes, the last picture is the real Yankee Lady. The others were an FSX download from the file library. Normally you only get a 15 minute ride. That particular day they were doing a photo shoot and I got an hour and 15 minute ride! I have to admit by the time I came off the plane and received my certificate, I was a bit emotional. I've got a lot of pictures and videos of that flight.

P1001426[1].jpg

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great virtual ride in your B-17 David :cool::cool: I envy you Sir! A real flight in a B-17 :eek::pilot: Good to see the Master himself.:)

Let me tell you, it was almost indescribable. Being part of history like that was amazing!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

See, David, there you go! Normally a 15 minute ride which isn't much for $400 ! Now, an hour and 15 mins., just got a great ride and it will be an adventure you will never forget! It was memorable, not regrets of only getting 15 minutes! You did well, if you have more pics, I for one would enjoy seeing more!

Thanks for sharing David! Rick :cool:

Awesome shots and great ride you got, did you get to hold the controls or something?

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great experience looks like! Fine winter pics of the B17

Thank you!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome shots and great ride you got, did you get to hold the controls or something?

No control action. You have to be ATP rated and apply as a volunteer pilot to fly her. You get to walk around inside and check out all the stations except for the tail gunner’s position. All the guns are there, equipment, etc. Flying over the Detroit river in the nose position was great.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

See, David, there you go! Normally a 15 minute ride which isn't much for $400 ! Now, an hour and 15 mins., just got a great ride and it will be an adventure you will never forget! It was memorable, not regrets of only getting 15 minutes! You did well, if you have more pics, I for one would enjoy seeing more!

Thanks for sharing David! Rick :cool:

Hi Rick. I will be putting some good shots together and will post them in the "Real Aviation Photos and Videos" section of the forums. Stay tuned I will let you know.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No control action. You have to be ATP rated and apply as a volunteer pilot to fly her. You get to walk around inside and check out all the stations except for the tail gunner’s position. All the guns are there, equipment, etc. Flying over the Detroit river in the nose position was great.

Is it because the tail gunner is not accessible from inside the aircraft?

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it because the tail gunner is not accessible from inside the aircraft?

Yes, they could get to that position from inside the aircraft. But for the museum plane, It's just a bit hazardous to climb back there for civilians taking rides. Very cramped, aluminum sticking out and control cables. So, we could go anywhere else but there. We could not "ride" in the Ball Turret for sure! I was standing behind the pilot and co-pilot during the ride and luckily one of the safety staff on board grabbed my arm and told me to look behind me. They had opened the bomb bay doors and it was a straight shot out the aircraft and down! Got a great picture of it.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, they could get to that position from inside the aircraft. But for the museum plane, It's just a bit hazardous to climb back there for civilians taking rides. Very cramped, aluminum sticking out and control cables. So, we could go anywhere else but there. We could not "ride" in the Ball Turret for sure! I was standing behind the pilot and co-pilot during the ride and luckily one of the safety staff on board grabbed my arm and told me to look behind me. They had opened the bomb bay doors and it was a straight shot out the aircraft and down! Got a great picture of it.

David I'm green with envy, looks like you had quite a saga of a ride. Thumbs up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David I'm green with envy, looks like you had quite a saga of a ride. Thumbs up.

It was awesome!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the same aircraft but in payware, by Aeroplane Heaven, here are some screen shots (click on for larger version):

b17g1.jpg

b17g2.jpg

b17g3.jpg

Hope you like, Best wishes.

Khalid

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the same aircraft but in payware, by Aeroplane Heaven, here are some screen shots (click on for larger version):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]207412[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]207413[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]207414[/ATTACH]

Hope you like, Best wishes.

Khalid

That is sweet! That pay ware just rocks. Thanks for sharing!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great pics. Saw that the rounds well still aboard!!?

Yeah, you never know when you have to go into battle!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived