Reverser Problem with Gulfstream

kwi

If I pulled the thrust rev to full revers, they do not open fully. That means, I do have not only reverse thrust, but also forward thrust.

is there any way to work on the thrust reverser so they are open fully with revers?

This is the plane: gvdet.zip from the FSX library

Peter

Ancient I7-2600@3900, 24gb ram, 250gb ssd win10/64, 500gb ssd fsx, 500gb ssd p3d v3.4

Are you using a flight stick or yoke perhaps to open the thrust reversers? There is another control setting that you may need to use to map to that button or lever, and repeat may need to be set to high.

I know that with my yoke I have mapped the thrust reverse to a button and I have to press it twice. Once for partial, and another for full. I do this in quick succession.

If I pulled the thrust rev to full revers, they do not open fully. That means, I do have not only reverse thrust, but also forward thrust.

is there any way to work on the thrust reverser so they are open fully with revers?

This is the plane: gvdet.zip from the FSX library

Peter

Press and hold `F2`

Tks for those quick answer.

I use my saitek throttle for reverse. But even I use F2, or try those planes on a second FSX, the problem is the same.

Maybe I have to make a more clear: problem is not the rev thrust itself, the problem is that those reverser blocker doors(????) not fully open. So in case of use the t/r a lot of those increasing thrust is blowing out of the engine as forward thrust

Peter

Ancient I7-2600@3900, 24gb ram, 250gb ssd win10/64, 500gb ssd fsx, 500gb ssd p3d v3.4

The reversers are fully deployed and bring the aircraft nicely to a stop. In fact it will cause the aircraft to taxi backwards. Do not add any extra thrust. Engines should be at idle for proper operation.

reverser.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Mr Zippy, ok that is exactly the problem. The reverser do not fully open at my side. If you apply rev,

look into the engine from the back and pls tell me the exhaust (to the rear) is fully close or not during revers.

I tried today again and the plane overshoot a 2000ft rwy because of the still existing fwd thrust during reverse (not apply wheel braking for this test

Tks, Peter

Like the author stated in the README file....this aircraft is a bit overpowered. I was able to land and stop, using the reverse thrust, flaps, spoilers and some minor braking about 3/4 down a 5,000 foot runway. Either learn to fly it or push on to something else. I wish you good luck trying to stop this bird on a 2,000 foot runway.

full reverse.JPG

Zippy's picture shows the buckets extending as far as they can in that model.

BTW, what you see in the visual model has zero affect on how it flies.

If you do not believe me, look at this- https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?287466-A-proud-day&highlight=brick

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Zippy's picture shows the buckets extending as far as they can in that model.

BTW, what you see in the visual model has zero affect on how it flies.

If you do not believe me, look at this- https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?287466-A-proud-day&highlight=brick

peace,

the Bean

Right on, Bean! ;)

The bucket movement animation is not linked to the aircraft.cfg or .air file percentages, all animations are coded into the model file itself and are not linked to anything else.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I tend to disagree.

If the bucket movement animation is linked to the reverse thrust percentage, the buckets not fully opening could indicate his thrust lever is badly calibrated.

Wim

As far as I know, the T/R knows only two position: open or close. And has nothing to do with the percentage of rev thrust.

If he stay's in between, then is something wrong.

Peter

Here's the real thing:

Gulfstream.jpg

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Is hard to see on this pic, is the exhaust fully closed with the reverser in revers ?

Peter

Click on the pic a couple of times and you will see that it looks very similar to pics I showed of the reverse buckets in action. That is as far as they go.

They are not the same as this aircraft:

JFD-570k.jpg

Click on the pic a couple of times and you will see that it looks very similar to pics I showed of the reverse buckets in action. That is as far as they go.

They are not the same as this aircraft:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]207417[/ATTACH]

But I think that is a real revers position. With the Reverser setting like the FlightSim plane you can actually only "idle reverse". If you increasing rev thrust you also increasing fwd thrust at the mentioned

FS plane. And that is not what a pilot like.

Peter

But I think that is a real revers position. With the Reverser setting like the FlightSim plane you can actually only "idle reverse". If you increasing rev thrust you also increasing fwd thrust at the mentioned

FS plane. And that is not what a pilot like.

Peter

I don't know where you get that idea from?

Reverse is set using F2.

Repeated presses (or press and hold) of the F2 key increase reverse thrust until the level set in the aircraft.cfg file OR the .air file.

Mallcott,just think about it, maybe you will find out.

But I will help you:

case 1 like the Hawker 850 show us fully closed reverse .doors. All the thrust you

apply will be redirected to the front, because the exhaust to the rear is closed

case 2: like the Gulfstream, the reverser doors are NOT fully closed. you apply now reverse thrust more

or less. Part of this thrust will be redirected to the front, BUT due to not fully closed reverser

doors another part left the enginge as fwd thrust thru the exhaust

Logically, or?

Peter

Mallcott,just think about it, maybe you will find out.

But I will help you:

case 1 like the Hawker 850 show us fully closed reverse .doors. All the thrust you

apply will be redirected to the front, because the exhaust to the rear is closed

case 2: like the Gulfstream, the reverser doors are NOT fully closed. you apply now reverse thrust more

or less. Part of this thrust will be redirected to the front, BUT due to not fully closed reverser

doors another part left the enginge as fwd thrust thru the exhaust

Logically, or?

Peter

Logically speaking......then why will the jet go backwards if reverse thrust is applied rather than forward or stay at a standstill because the 2 types of thrust cancel each other?:confused:

In real life, you would probably blow the reverse cans clean off the engine if too much engine thrust is applied to the fully closed ones.

Just had a look at wikipedia "Thrust reversal", it states that "High bypass ratio engines usually reverse thrust by changing the direction of only the fan airflow, since the majority of thrust is generated by this section, as opposed to the core.", this could be the reason why the clam shell doors are not fully enclosing the rear of the engines.

I just did a test using the default Lear45 (which uses fully closed reverse cans) and the CRJ700 (uses a sliding reverse mechanism). When taxiing down the runway and applying reverse thrust, at idle, the cans move into the reverse position. Now if any added thrust is applied the cans automatically retract into normal flight position.

I can only assume that Peter is a good pilot sitting in his pilot seat and not flying in an outside view. I think you are blaming overshooting the runway on the small hole in the reverse can design and not on the fact they go back to home position when you apply more thrust.

Mike drop! I'm done;)

Logically speaking......then why will the jet go backwards if reverse thrust is applied rather than forward or stay at a standstill because the 2 types of thrust cancel each other?:confused:

In real life, you would probably blow the reverse cans clean off the engine if too much engine thrust is applied to the fully closed ones.

Because you're thinking mechanically, not digitally.

In the digital world there is no linkage between the physical representation of reverse throttle and the reverse OF the throttle...

Guy's I thank you all for participating on this thread, but let us close that now.

I have opened with a simply question: can anything be done at that mentioned plane so that the reverser goes in "fully deflected" position during rev thrust.

It was very interesting to read some answer, but they actually have nothing to do with my question.

So, I for my side closing up. Thks again to all, and see you next time.

Peter

Archived