Get Out of My Way, Please!

nariman

I am on final for 20R at John Wayne in Orange County in a Saab 340B. There is a Cessna C208B Grand Caravan right in front of me also heading for 20R. He is much slower than me and I have been cleared for landing by the tower. How do I avoid hitting him? Can any one help, please?

Do a 360, or abort the approach and try again.

Your choice. YOU'RE responsible for the plane. The safety of, the actions of, everything. If you're in a dangerous situation, it's up to YOU to figure out a way to solve the problem. Not the ATCs. All they can do from the ground is suggest possibilities.

It's on YOUR shoulders. Aviate, Navigate, Communicate. In that order. That should be every pilots mantra.

Of course, there's one more imperative: Have fun :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Have you got 'TrafficToolBox' installed, if you have go in it and find the aircraft in front of you and delete it, problem solved, you haven't deleted the aircraft from you PC just from that flight.

Or there is a couple of other programs that sort the arrival/landing aircraft out and split you up.

AI Smooth and AI Seperation programs also do it for you.

All good advice gentlemen, however my Flightsim is MY world where I am GOD - when there's any aircraft in my way on the ground or in the air, I go to Options/Settings/Display/Traffic and move the offender's slider to zero until I've got to where I want to be - and to hell with ATC!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I'll go you one better, Tim. I'll flash my lights, honk my horn, and nudge him outta the way. If I have landing permission, the other guy can go around.;)

Great advice Charlie!! I see that happen almost daily on the public highways in the US as well!:o Except generally the highway drivers on their horns and daring others are the ones in the wrong!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

On of the bad things about FS2004 and FSX and I bet P3D or even X-Plane is lack of a more realistic ATC, thus you play that role as well as pilot. So I have two screens. One is the Sim and the other has LittleNavMap running. I can see all the other AI around me and slow up or speed up accordingly uif I see another plane headed my way on the same runway and going by what I hear on the approach and tower frequencies.

Sometimes it's unavoidable so tower tells me to go around, but I ignore it. LOL

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

An awesome weather website with oodles of Info. and options.

Wile E. Coyote would be impressed.

Myself I would just go to Menu 'Time and Season' and change the time by 5 minutes. Forward=AI disappears. Back=AI not in area yet. Problem solved.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

My view is, cope with it in a realistic fashion, otherwise, why else have AI at all, just so you don't feel lonely on the ramp? I don't mind queing for take off, or having to watch out for amother plane cleared to land, its what pilots do, and then my confortable approach has to be amended, but I'm ok with that! It would annoy me when flying an airliner, so In that case I open the Ultimate Traffic tab and click on 'Clear Approach'.

- Paul Elliott

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Come and follow my recreation of this historic light here: HERE

Archived