F-104 Starfighter ?

GBJim

Gerard, I am very glad that you like the Tunnan, stick with it, I enjoy seeing your pictures. We all have different tastes, different strokes for different folks. I do enjoy flying some of the " vintage " jets, as you call them, and I really like the old 1956 F-102 Dagger. She's a real smoothie. Keep up the good work .

dg 1.jpg

Short video. >>>>

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jim - Now you're talkin, I like that one! Mr Z comes up with some good ones! At least this one can probably fit in your hangar, as that other "pregnant watchamacallit" wasn't going to cut it! Enjoy Jim, let's see some video shots!

Rick :cool:

OK Rick, you asked for a video, so I went and made you one. And thanks to Charlie for making the F-101 suggestion. It's definitely a keeper. :)

I found this Alpha F-101-C by Virtavia over on Simivation. It came in 3 liveries, this one is the Camo version. I reduced the aileron and rudder effectiveness a bit, and increased the elevator a bit, and made it more to my liking. The 2:11 minute video was shot at Logan Intl. in Boston Massachusetts, with lot's of turbulence to deal with over Boston harbor. Excuses, Excuses, but I managed to get it done regardless. ;) Hot pilot. :pilot:

Enjoy >>>>

Not much going on here today Rick. I dragged another vintage jet out of the hanger today, and tweaked the control surfaces some. It's the old cold war Avro Vulcan, which has been a little bit difficult for me to land, so it needed a tune up. If you have never heard the famous Vulcan HOWL, then you haven't lived yet. I saw, and heard a real live Vulcan at an airshow, back in the early 60's, and it's something that you will never forget. Here is a pic and video of todays progress.

vu 1.jpg

Turn up dem speakers and listen to it howl ! >>>>

The Vulcan B.1 was first delivered to the RAF in 1956; deliveries of the improved Vulcan B.2 started in 1960. The B.2 featured more powerful engines, a larger wing, an improved electrical system and electronic countermeasures (ECM); many were modified to accept the Blue Steel missile. As a part of the V-force, the Vulcan was the backbone of the United Kingdom's airborne nuclear deterrent during much of the Cold War. Although the Vulcan was typically armed with nuclear weapons, it was capable of conventional bombing missions, a capability which was used in Operation Black Buck during the Falklands War between the United Kingdom and Argentina in 1982.

Jim,

can only second Mr. Zippy here. Try that freeware version- it's probably the best & most comprehensive freeware version of the starfighter.

Read the manuals is another good advice :)

Vee1

Vee 1, the one that I am using is the freeware version, and it's great. - Jim

v3.jpg

Vee 1, the one that I am using is the freeware version, and it's great. - Jim

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205902[/ATTACH]

Jim, I think Vee1 was referring to the F-104 Starfighter that I recommended. Moot point now;) The Voodoo is great!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi I have seen the Starfighter made by Alphasim -not sure if that became freeware- and also a payware by Skunk Works. Not a very popular aircraft due to its habit of exploding without prior notice. Recently I visited the Luftwaffe museum at Gatow (outside Berlin) and there is one two-seater on display - image below:

104.JPG

I would choose the Voodoo over it anytime, so go along that suggestion. I also like to mention that I saw an impressive array of Mirages as freeware, and they are near payware grade. Check this out

http://www.mirage4fs.com/home.html

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived