A B-24 Liberator Above Southern Japan!

Keeping my collection of WW2 warplanes with that one

July 1945. A clearing in the clouds over southern Japan, allows the navigator to that 43rd Bombardment Group B-24 Liberator to track the route!

24libe.jpg

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Hi! Thanks for the comment!

As far as to a thoroughful test of the plane, I can't say. I mostly download those WW2 planes for my historical pictures collection :). I just tweak them rapidly here and there, and fly. But once the pic acquired, the zip gets into Windows' bin :):):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Nice pic! I was reading about the aviation history here in Tennessee and I learned that my hometown airport KMQY was home to many B24 aircraft. Lots of training in the birds happened here. Since reading that, I plan to make some A.I. B24 aircraft fly in and out of FSX KMQY. I just download a B24 from here and hope to have a few flying and or parked at the airport within a day or two. I will post a pic or two.

I plan to make some A.I. B24 aircraft fly in and out of FSX KMQY

Great idea! Will follow your post!

Thanks for the comment! On the other hand, my interest to WW2 craft is general only. It's due that about 1999, I had a website dedicated to warplanes at the time of the invasion of France by May 1940. I closed the site but still am interested in warplanes of those times!

Nice Jan, your payware must have come with an onboard stewardess (might be Lily Marlene herself)? Doesn't look much different than the freeware Gerard posted and what I downloaded last night. Only complaints I have about the freeware download, the throttle gauges are a little "rinky dink" in my opinion. I tried to substitute something else, but there are other gauges that must be tied to these called "four engine....................." I did change a few things on the panel to make it more "user friendly" but couldn't do anything with the throttles!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205564[/ATTACH]

Let us know how you like the freeware download! Thanks Rick :cool:

Here are 2 pics of the payware AlphaSim Liberator

Do you have, Jan, the address of Alphasim? I quoted them on my site but I might have lost them since a while! Or is that a 'independent' download found through a search engine?

Alphasim is now: Virtavia:) Edit: I'm installing the freeware B-24 now

Panel is great, here's the VC:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205581[/ATTACH]

You see, Jan, this is the way the panel should be configured! 2 - Twin Tachometers for 4 engines, 2 - Twin Manifold Pressures for 4 engines! I really do appreciate freeware aircraft, but when I see one like the one I downloaded, 4 Tachometers, and no MP's what-so-ever for these monster engines, come on! I'm anxious to see what your freeware has to offer!

Even Larry posted an aircraft this morning, a French propliner with four engines, it too had 2 twin tachs and 2 twin MP's!

Thanks Jan! - Rick

Jan, yes Mr Scrub gave us a nice freeware, too bad he couldn't put more into the panel, instead of 4 tachometers. Surely does not compare to the panel of your payware! Okay, I'll keep looking until I find an FSX panel for a Liberator. Oh, if you keep Mr Scrub's B24, throttle control is easier and doesn't act erratic, use CTRL F2 or F3! I do love your pics with the green dragon and pretty lady!

Thanks Jan, enjoy! - Rick :cool:

Alphasim is now: Virtavia[ATTACH=CONFIG]205581[/ATTACH]

Much thanks Jan! I had checked Alphasim had closed, but I didn't know that it had turned Virtavia. Looks like they always provide for their fine freewares! That panel is amazing!

On the other hand, fine flight too from Iwo-Jima! I've seen some boats in one shot. Is that part of a scenery?

Archived