Repaint Help

Prostock

FSX-SE

WINDOWS 10

Trying my first DL and install of a repaint. Never did this before, did some reading & searching of our files here & par for the course, I'm confused. Thought it to be straight forward easy. Guessed wrong. If you would be so kind as to explain steps for success or point me in the correct direction. Here's what I've done so far.

Downloaded & installed sspb772femirates_rose_fsx.zip Boeing (777-200) from our files here on Flightsim.com. Flew around, looks & fly's great.

Saw a Repaint that I wanted to try & dl'd it. 772aus60.zip and added "texture.austrian_OE-LPF" Folder to the "SkySpirit2012 Boeing 777-200LRF Emirates From Emirates Skycargo with love FSX" Airplanes Folder in my Airplane Folder in FSX.

Directions in Readme File below.

FSX/P3D FSPXAI 777-200 Austrian 60 years

Textures only for FSPXAI 777-200 GE Model and paint kit by: FSPXAI. Registration for the plane is included for real traffic.

Aug 2018

joelbr@orange.fr

Installation:

- Drop the texture on the appropriate folder

- Add and renumber the fltsim.x in your aircraft.cfg

[fltsim.x]

title=FSPXAI B777-200 GE Austrian 60 Years

sim=FSPXAI_B772v1

model=GE

Soundai=GE

texture=austrian_OE-LPF

atc_airline=AUSTRIAN

atc_flight_number=1

atc_heavy=1

atc_id=OE-LPF

atc_parking_types=Gate

atc_parking_codes=AUA

ui_createdby="FSpainter"

ui_manufacturer="Boeing"

ui_type=B777-200GE

ui_variation=FSPXAI B777-200 GE Austrian 60 Years:: Paint by Joel Branchu

I added the [fltsim.x] information (above) into the aircraft.config file as to look like shown below.

[fltsim.0]

title=Boeing 777-200LRF From Emirates SkyCargo With Love A6-EFL

sim=Boeing 777-200LRF

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=From Emirates SkyCargo With Love

checklists=

atc_airline=Emirates

atc_id=A6-EFL

atc_flight_number=9961

atc_heavy=1

atc_parking_types=CARGO

atc_parking_code=UAEC

ui_manufacturer=Boeing

ui_type=777-200LRF

ui_variation=Emirates Skycargo (From Emirates SkyCargo With Love)

visual_damage=1

description=SkySpirit2012 Boeing--777-200LRF\nVersion 2012\n\nRepaint by: Mathieu Vos (APSS)

[fltsim.1]

title=FSPXAI B777-200 GE Austrian 60 Years

sim=FSPXAI_B772v1

model=GE

Soundai=GE

texture=austrian_OE-LPF

atc_airline=AUSTRIAN

atc_flight_number=1

atc_heavy=1

atc_id=OE-LPF

atc_parking_types=Gate

atc_parking_codes=AUA

ui_createdby="FSpainter"

ui_manufacturer="Boeing"

ui_type=B777-200GE

ui_variation=FSPXAI B777-200 GE Austrian 60 Years:: Paint by Joel Branchu

I changed the number from [fltsim.0] to [fltsim.1] figuring that's all there should be to it. Like I said, This is my first attempt at adding repaints. I expected the new added repaint would show up next to the original plane like all the other multiple aircraft paints I have that came with their perspective download files.

Help is needed here. Thank you in advance.

NOTE: INFO ON THE ORIGINAL AIRPLANE I'M TRYING TO ADD REPAINT TOO. MAY BE HELPFUL.

Sky Spirit 2012 BOEING 777-200LRF for FSX

************************************************************************ *******

Boeing 777-200(LRF) Registration: A6-EFL Livery Emirates Sky Cargo with special paint of From Emirates SkyCargo With Love collors. Painted on SkySpirit2012 Boeing 777-200LRF aircraft.

Tried to follow your details. Are you SURE the repaint you downloaded and installed is SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED for the exact model you want to use it on? If not, it will fail.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Tried to follow your details. Are you SURE the repaint you downloaded and installed is SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED for the exact model you want to use it on? If not, it will fail.

-Pv-

I agree, you've tried to install an FS Painters AI livery into a SkySpirit model - it won't work. You must search for repaints for the exact model, in this case it's the SkySpirit 777. If there are any version numbers you MUST include these too. Often a version 2 model is made differently to the version 1 and the paint schemes aren't interchangeable. Also a 777-200 repaint won't fit a 777-300 model and so on.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I agree, you've tried to install an FS Painters AI livery into a SkySpirit model - it won't work. You must search for repaints for the exact model, in this case it's the SkySpirit 777. If there are any version numbers you MUST include these too. Often a version 2 model is made differently to the version 1 and the paint schemes aren't interchangeable. Also a 777-200 repaint won't fit a 777-300 model and so on.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Also you don't add the repaint at the top [Flightsim.1]

You add it to the bottom: [Flightsim.7] or whatever the next in sequence may be.

-Pv-

Honestly I don't have a clue. I think I'll stay with Fully operational Models that I can just dl and drop in. Thanks for taking a look & your advice.

This might help you- https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?2064

peace,

the Bean

Thank You Bean - You came to my rescue once again. Great How To...Install FSX Aircraft Liveries. I spent about 30 minutes and before I knew it, I have 6 new Repaints installed. I did search for how to's but they were so confusing whereas this one, simplified it to a couple EZ steps. Also when I did a search, I guess I didn't ask in the right way, I forgot to included Pretty Please because the one you provided didn't come up on my search. Thank you very much.

Archived