Default pitch of loaded aircraft

dogdish

I really don't understand why you guys are so hung up on this whole switch planes in the air verses switch on the ground logic.

Is it any more realistic to be sitting there on the ground in say a Cessna 172, open the menu and "POOF!" now your a Boeing 767 pilot! :rolleyes:

NO, NO, NO you need to exit the aircraft, go home in your simulator car to your simulator house, have dinner with your simulator wife getting the FAA required off duty time. Then come back and do your walk around of the new aircraft your company assigned to you.

It's a simulator for pete's sake and to each their own.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I really don't understand why you guys are so hung up on this whole switch planes in the air verses switch on the ground logic.

Is it any more realistic to be sitting there on the ground in say a Cessna 172, open the menu and "POOF!" now your a Boeing 767 pilot! :rolleyes:

NO, NO, NO you need to exit the aircraft, go home in your simulator car to your simulator house, have dinner with your simulator wife getting the FAA required off duty time. Then come back and do your walk around of the new aircraft your company assigned to you.

Oh, and Captain Dogdish, no more potty breaks by hitting the pause button! And drinking a beer while flying will no longer be tolerated! And Captain Dogdish, I as your copilot, am calling in sick today. They have taken all the fun out of flying these routes!

Rick :cool:

Thanks Rick almost forgot to mention to increase the realism before flying...

FAA urine sample please.jpg

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

If you switch AC in the air are the engines spooled up so you don't stall? They are not!

Chuck B

Napamule

Sure Chuck, switching from a Sopwith to a Learjet, I agree. However 737 to 737 the airspeed and engine RPM "carries" over just fine. Not hearing any change at all in engine spooling.

Anyways I've all ready said the Auto trim gauge did what I need to be done.

I agree that everyone should sim in the way that they enjoy. I don't get behind the "that's cheating" line that I see from time to time in conversations about sims.

But I think what people are getting hung up about is that you're asking the sim to be a sim while at the same time ignoring simulated reality. It's OK that you want to do that, but you can't expect a sim to know what you're looking to do and do it flawlessly. It's a sim, not your imagination.

Sure Chuck, switching from a Sopwith to a Learjet, I agree. However 737 to 737 the airspeed and engine RPM "carries" over just fine. Not hearing any change at all in engine spooling.

That's the trouble. You aren't switching from a 737 to an identical 737. You're switching from a 737-600 to a 737-900. That's like switching from a regular Cadillac to a Cadillac limo halfway through cornering and expecting the limo not to get hung up on the sidewalk. You're asking the sim to do something it can't do.

The 900 is 30,000 pounds heavier and almost 40 feet longer than the 600. It's going to have different trim requirements than the 600, which means that when you're properly trimmed for the 600 and switch mid-air to the 900, you will be *improperly* trimmed for the plane you're now flying, and vice versa.

I agree that everyone should sim in the way that they enjoy. I don't get behind the "that's cheating" line that I see from time to time in conversations about sims.

THANK YOU for that. Some long time simmers here get downright offended if you use "their" sim in such a outrageous manner.

That's the trouble. You aren't switching from a 737 to an identical 737. You're switching from a 737-600 to a 737-900. That's like switching from a regular Cadillac to a Cadillac limo halfway through cornering and expecting the limo not to get hung up on the sidewalk. You're asking the sim to do something it can't do.

The 900 is 30,000 pounds heavier and almost 40 feet longer than the 600. It's going to have different trim requirements than the 600, which means that when you're properly trimmed for the 600 and switch mid-air to the 900, you will be *improperly* trimmed for the plane you're now flying, and vice versa.

Hence the motivation for my original posting.

I was hoping to be able to some what "equalize" the trim settings in the aircraft.cfg from 737 to 737 so I wouldn't have to crank on the trim wheel when a switch was made. AFAIK there is no way to preset trim to do this.

pvarn mentioned "Auto Trim" that I was not even aware of since it is not in the FSX control panel with a check box to turn on/off. It was only after researching through Google that I found it is only in the FSX.cfg as a "True" or "False" setting. Default is "False" I switched it to "True" and lo and behold it did EXACTLY as I wanted, the switched 737 models no longer did a Kamikaze nose dive.

However it affects ALL the aircraft and I did not want that. So I turned it back "False".

Then found 'FSX Automatic Elevator Trim Gauge' (fsxatrim.zip by Chuck Dome) here in the FlightSim library. It works almost the same except you can selectively add it to EACH aircraft model which is what I did to all of the TDS 737's.

Now I'm happy as a clam (Hide tide when clams are free from the attentions of predators) and this thread can now die as there is nothing to be gained from it continuing any longer.

Moderators can lock or delete the thread. Otherwise some thin-skinned members may choose to start yet another thread war.

Archived