Selected aircraft come up rolling ?

GBJim

I should add, that as soon as the bar graph fills, I do apply the parking brakes. But the engine is running fast, even though the throttle is retarded. I have to goose the throttle, and then retard it before the RPM's settle down. The engine is running fast at start up.

Jim

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

I should add, that as soon as the bar graph fills, I do apply the parking brakes. But the engine is running fast, even though the throttle is retarded. I have to goose the throttle, and then retard it before the RPM's settle down. The engine is running fast at start up.

Jim

You need to correct your saved flight. Do as Zippy says or simply open one of these `engine is running fast` saved flights, retard the throttle, wait for the engine to calm down and then save it again. You control the saved flight and the various options.

You need to correct your saved flight. Do as Zippy says or simply open one of these `engine is running fast` saved flights, retard the throttle, wait for the engine to calm down and then save it again. You control the saved flight and the various options.

+1!

I have saved flights for my various aircraft. I first set the aircraft at an airport I like, set my preferred engine settings, payload and fuel settings, set my viewing preferences, set my control preferences, even whether I'm parked at a gate or parking spot or perhaps stopped on the duty runway etc.. Then I save that flight under that aircraft name. You don't even need to start the engines to save the flight unless you choose to.

When I want to fly a specific plane, I just call up my saved flight with that aircraft. If the weather, time of day, location, is not where I want at that time, I change only specific parts of the flight and all my other preferences are still as they were.

When I finish any flight I either update the flight to that point in time or just end the flight and nothing changes on the saved flight for that aircraft. It makes life a lot easier!!:cool:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

You saved a flight when engines were at full blast. Probably while flying in cruise.

When you saved it you put a checkmark in the box "save this as default flight".

The default flight was 'Ultralight over Friday Harbor'. By saving another 'as default' you now get that startup setup instead.

If you start fsx, do not setup anything, and simply click "fly now" you get that "in cruise flight" starting.

If you do select things, such as an airport to start at. The flight starts there, but, with engines on full blast. And switches set also to the "in cruise flight" setting.

To fix, either save a new flight as default. This time with a parked plane. (problem, switches may still be set wrong. Sometimes commands set that you can not see, as it is only a button press and no gauge showing the setting.)

better option. Restore the default 'Ultralight over Friday Harbor' flight. That way switches will be set correctly for all planes and you always know what is off and what is on at the start of every flight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you my guru friends, I got it done ! That was all new to me, but I understood enough of that to learn how to save a flight with the throttle retarded. :)

You guys are the best !

Jim

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

Archived