How Low can you go?

I've been reading post lately from people making landings at "Highest," "Lowest," etc. airports. So since I hadn't been to Israel in FSX for a long time I decided to return to LLMZ. Wikipedia shows it as -1,240' MSL.

Sadly even with ORBX, there is no additional detail at LLMZ. Knowing my default Grand Caravan didn't register below 0' on its' altimeter I kicked in the flight info indicator which you'll notice in red.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

According to the red indicator, I flew at -1,315' MSL while over the water. Then while sitting on the runway I showed -1,250.9' MSL. So I'd say the sim and Wikipedia are pretty close.

As to the old Limbo question, "How low can you go" and still be in flight, it's -1,315.1' MSL

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hi Rupert! At that altitude, we should see rocks' roots LOL

Those rocks are so old they've worn away to sand and mostly washed away.:eek: I will say that's the first time I've shown over 1,300' on my radar altimeter and less than 20' on my pressure adjusted barometric altimeter and consider both to be correct!? ;)

Does this count, or is this a little too low? ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204202[/ATTACH]

:):) I have also checked your link. A fine website about flightsim vids it seems!?

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Now that's low. I can feel the water spraying Rupert in he first pic. Kenny

Frankly Kenny, you're exactly right!!??:o:o On my first pass for that over the water shot my main gear touched the water and I crashed. It wasn't even an epic water crash like most of Jan's! It just crashed. :( Thankfully, this being FSX after a hit on the esc key, restart the flight, I was soon up and flying again!!;) Hence the picture you see posted here.

:):) I have also checked your link. A fine website about flightsim vids it seems!?

Ah that's just my forum signature. My channel generally consists of FSX, X-Plane (Reviews for this site & flights), whatever Dovetail Games are doing and a couple vlogs here and there.

Check out my YouTube Channel for FSX, X-Plane and other simulator content!

https://www.youtube.com/c/Drawyah/

Sorry I left one shot out! I mentioned how strange it felt to have two accurate gauges so disagree. This is what I meant. The barometric altimeter is showing about 300'. But the radar altimeter is showing 1,400'. THEY ARE BOTH CORRECT!!

low.jpg

Is this low enough?

fsscr000.jpg

fsscr001.jpg

:pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David - Those "Gear up" landings will get you every time! I don't think this is what they were referring to? - Rick :cool:

I suppose sea level is as about as low for me :-)

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eeeh, David, just a warning: Do you know you're flying inverted? Those wheels belong more or less beneath your plane. especially near runways. :eek::eek:

Oh, is that the way it works? :rolleyes:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived