The Real Weather U/S

beroun

Hi, Meant weather!

the FS9 real weather does not seem to be updating anymore. Used to work fine with some sporadic unserviceability but always came back. Now it seems to be U/S for months. I have the Real Weather Pro uploaded, works fine but It always rearranges my desktop icons. Does anyone know anything about the FS9 built in real weather problems, or is it just me? If it is just me is there any remedy.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

It's been an on-again-off-again situation for years. Now it appears to be an off-again permanent situation.

Best choice, get a 3rd party weather program. I use FSRealWX Lite and it works just fine.

There are any number of others, payware and freeware, but I'm a cheap SOG (Son of a gun). FSRealWX is freeware with the OPTION to pay for enhanced features, much like FSUIPC. It works as freeware, but the payware version is better.

Like I said, though...Cheap SOG...

Have fun!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hi guys,

many thanks, I actually for the FSRealWX, one of you chaps was kind enough to send me the download link. It works great but somehow the program affects my desktop icons (reshuffles these to default) and after booting up I need to change these back to my original positions. This is in spite of all the parameters set correctly to prevent this.

In either case just posted this to see if the default FS9 weather update is gone for ever, unfortunately it is. No big deal I can work around it.

Cheers

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Only one person claims it has gone for ever. Nobody else seems to know this. As has been said it has had spells of outage before.

It would be interesting to know if FSX users have the same problem - I may be wrong but I can't imagine Microsft ran separate weather streams.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

It would be interesting to know if FSX users have the same problem - I may be wrong but I can't imagine Microsft ran separate weather streams.

Yes, FSX has the same problem.

I haven't looked to see if they used the same download source for their weather, but they both do have the same problem. I believe, but I'm not certain, that they both use the same weather source.

Does that answer your question?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I use FSRealWX Lite and it works just fine.

+1 Currently using this program, works fine..:pilot:

Phanteks Eclipse P400A, Asus Prime Z490-A, Intel i7 10700k, Nactua U12A cooler, 64GB 3600mhz RAM, Nvidia EVGA RTX 3060 12GB XC Black Gaming, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NvMe, 1TB WD SSD, 2TB WD SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 650W 80+ Gold Thermatake ToughPower GF1 Fully Modular PSU.

Archived