Brussels (EBBR), Belgium-Dijon (LFSD), France on A Vacation Flight!

Good Grief Charlie Brown!

Just reminded me of the Almaden Mountain Rhine Wine

we used to drink in college!

You drank the good stuff Rick! Mr Z has the right idea, Ripple and Thunderbird, we used to buy those two at the local 7-11 and very affordable!

Rick :cool:

You drank the good stuff Rick! Mr Z has the right idea, Ripple and Thunderbird, we used to buy those two at the local 7-11 and very affordable!

Rick :cool:

Right along with Regal Select (Probably a West Coast beer) and or Rainier Ale (Green Death). Buck and a half a six pack. Oh, I'm getting woozie:eek:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

This discussion reminds me of "Gator-Grape." When I raced motorcycles on 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, or 1 mile flat tracks. Every team had their own version of Gator Grape.

What most of us would all do is on Thursday of every race week take a huge Igloo cooler and put in about 5 lbs of ice. Then add a gallon or so of Gatorade. Plus whatever wine, bourbon, scotch, etc. you could find on sale till the cooler was full. From Friday night through Sunday anyone who took a drink had to add a drink! Though Gatorade or any other non-boozy additions were forbidden!

We'd sometimes add more ice to keep it drinkable, but the main thing was if you took a drink, you'd have to add a drink! It really didn't matter what booze laden drink you added.

So on Sunday for the early races and even on occasion, the finals, the guy with the most Gator-Grape had a good chance of leading at least the first lap!

BTW: Almost all of us were combat veterans who were trying to get that high from when you're shot or are shooting someone else. After WWII, which was and is always more politically correct because it was "A Foreign War," they formed the United States Sports Car Association to get the same post combat highs we got while racing motorcycles.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived