Real weather not downloading

beroun

Both FS9 and FSX have this problem. You can get the same weather for 6 months, then 5 days of updates, then a month of no updates, etc etc. Best thing is to get a third party weather engine.

I use FSRealWX, and it works very well for me. Many recommend the payware, like Active Sky Next, and so on.

Up to you. I'm a cheap...errr....FRUGAL, yeah, very, very FRUGAL, guy, so I go for the freeware.

Hope this answers your query :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I use FSRealWX, and it works very well for me. Many recommend the payware, like Active Sky Next, and so on.

AS Next is not for FS9. No AS products left for FS9 and REX gone as well. FSRealWX is a good choice for freeware or FSGRW for payware. Hopefully they both continue for a long time to come.

Mark Daniels

Hello all simmers, I just went to FSRealWX website try to create a Password, I put in a unique P/W. It kicked it out. There is no way that anyone could have my P/W. I am confused on what to do. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks Kenny

This is more than likely do to the asinine password requirements that website requires. Read what it says for the password and try to comply. I think you need at least 7 characters and a upper and lower case letter or something. If you have done this, then I'm afraid the website code is flawed. I suppose I could have a look at it's source, but I would contact them? him on the webpage to sort it out.

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

An awesome weather website with oodles of Info. and options.

Wile E. Coyote would be impressed.

I can't stand websites that have password requirements. I use PWDHash developed from a few people at Standford and believe me, my passwords are more than sufficient. Especially when they are at least 16 characters long. PWDHash is an add-on for Firefox and Firefox-based browsers. I also use Keepass for other stuff and backup its database in and encrypted SFX archive stored in the cloud and on DVD/RW stored in my fireproof safe. Just want to point that out in case one ever uses keepass or other program similar that you should always back up that database.

For the record. I use ActiveSky 2016 and ActiveSky CloudArt in FSX and it's one hell of a platform. Well worth the money and right now this site has it for sale when I bought it. "This site" = FSPilotShop

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

Hello guys.

I have used the FSrealWX software for ages with FS9, and it works really well! As far as the website goes, I have never had an issue with passwords. My user name is 7 characters long and my password is 10 units long... all lowercase - no issues.

When you use the software, it may ask you to upgrade to the Pro version saying that you have a trial period available. This is pure bogus. I have it from the owner that the software is completely FREE and ALWAYS will be FREE. Ignore the trial mess... it was just part of the software they decided to adopt for their product base.

FSrealWX needs the FSUIPC software from Pete Dawson installed to function properly. Be sure to select the FS2004 version. Follow the instructions for connection to the sim within the FSrealWX.

For cloud textures, the best textures are the REXFS2004 HD+OverDrive. However, these may not still be available for purchase. I also have the current REX SoftClouds FS9 and they work really great too, but much softer in appearance for sure. HD-Redux (freeware) is also excellent from a freeware stance.

I hope this helps. Happy Flights! -Glenn

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

Hello all simmers, I just went to FSRealWX website try to create a Password, I put in a unique P/W. It kicked it out. There is no way that anyone could have my P/W. I am confused on what to do. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks Kenny

There's nothing you can do. The site is kaput. The "captcha" system is time-expired so the registration form cannot work until the site is updated.

As I see it, it is not possible to download the files without registering.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

I don't use FSrealWX but had a look around the site after this thread and came across the folowing:

The shop and sale of FSrealWX is temporarily closed. We are preparing for the release and sale of FSrealWXv3.

From the above and the developer wishing everyone a Happy 2018 it doesn't appear FSrealWX is gone or any current problems are permanent. It appears FSrealWX is still alive and going well. The only real question, will FSrealWXv3 still support FS9?

Mark Daniels

Hi guys. The website is still up and functioning as usual. There is no shop, nothing for sale or to buy and the software is FREEware. I do not know if the new mentioned FSrealWXv3 will be freeware or not. But, the other files are still working perfectly. I just logged in and downloaded the software. It unzipped and installed flawlessly. -Glenn

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

Hi guys. The website is still up and functioning as usual. There is no shop, nothing for sale or to buy and the software is FREEware. I do not know if the new mentioned FSrealWXv3 will be freeware or not. But, the other files are still working perfectly. I just logged in and downloaded the software. It unzipped and installed flawlessly. -Glenn

I think the problem people are having is the captcha is not working. If you try and create an account you will see it is not possible.

Mark Daniels

I was able to log in just now using Chrome, with Adblocker active.

If you can't see the Captcha in your current browser, try a different one.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I was able to log in just now using Chrome, with Adblocker active.

If you can't see the Captcha in your current browser, try a different one.

Yes, you can log in because you don't need to go through the captcha to log in. If you try and create a new account you need to go through the captcha and it doesn't work. It even tells you the site owner needs to upgrade it. Try and create a new account and you will see and when you get to the screen to enter your details scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see what is happening.

Mark Daniels

I see now. I've downloaded the program and put a copy on my OneDrive. If anyone wants the link, send me a PM.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Yes, you can log in because you don't need to go through the captcha to log in. If you try and create a new account you need to go through the captcha and it doesn't work. It even tells you the site owner needs to upgrade it. Try and create a new account and you will see and when you get to the screen to enter your details scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see what is happening.

Good morning all. I apologize Mark - I understand at last what you were trying to say in regards to the captcha. My bad. Also, as Tim stated above, if anyone needs the file I also have it and will gladly share it too. Have a great day! -Glenn

So many simmers thanks for helping me out. I will try the different ideas to see if I can get it done, as I have always used the FS9 real weather default but have always wondered about it, as it should be snowing say in the East coast or raining in the West coast and it hasn't been accurate. So I thought I would give FSRealWX a try. Kenny

I just tried again using Chrome, I even used 8 characters with the first letter capitalized and another one capitalized for password, then when scrolling down this time there is a check box that now says "I am not a robot?" I checked that box, clicked register, came back with blank password & confirm password blank again. I have never had these types of issues before anywhere. I saw an arrow next to 2018, it says it's temporarily closed, that We are preparing for the release and sale of FSrealWXv3 is for release & sale. Glenn says it's free. I only use freeware. Kenny

I just tried again using Chrome, I even used 8 characters with the first letter capitalized and another one capitalized for password, then when scrolling down this time there is a check box that now says "I am not a robot?" I checked that box, clicked register, came back with blank password & confirm password blank again. I have never had these types of issues before anywhere. I saw an arrow next to 2018, it says it's temporarily closed, that We are preparing for the release and sale of FSrealWXv3 is for release & sale. Glenn says it's free. I only use freeware. Kenny

Send a PM to one of the gentlemen above who have a link. FSrealWX is freeware.

Mark Daniels

Oh my gosh - hahaha. I hate to bring this subject back up, but I created an account earlier this afternoon just for fun to try doing this from scratch. My 1st attempt kicked out because I failed to capitalize one of the password letters. Fixed that and Bam! It said an activation email had been sent to my email (I used a entirely different email than my previous account is linked to). Well... that never showed up. I waited a long time checking it.

So just now, a several hours later it has arrived in my email. I activated the link and logged in successfully and downloaded the beta version of the FS software. It worked perfectly and again installed flawlessly. So... I am not sure what to say. Apparently it does work ...maybe sometimes... or maybe somehow is connecting my emails since I have accessed both of them at various times today using the same computer??? I have no idea, but it did work just now using a completely new account just created today. Good luck. -Glenn

Glenn,

Just checked after your post and yes, the captcha is now working. Yesterday it was not working so so you couldn't do anything. There should be no problem creating accounts now. I created an account there years ago but couldn't remember my password. I couldn't have a new passord sent out because this also required the captcha. I now could resend a new password because the captcha is again working.

For anyone having problems with passwords on the site, just make sure they are a good length and include something uppercase and a number. Should work fine.

Mark Daniels

Can you explain this please, Glenn.

Having now created an account, logged in, downloaded the software and installed it, a message is displayed on startup:

When the trial period has expired and you FSrealWX like, then you can buy a license key. With this license key, all features of FSrealWX are unlocked.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

I don't understand this guy's software. Either it's free or it isn't. All indications seem to me that it's free, but then it's like he throws a wrench in the mix.

OOM errors? Read this.

As someone said earlier in the thread, the trial period message is no longer valid (as stated on the website too) and the forthcoming FSRealWX v3 will probably remove it. I've been running FSRealWX v2 for over a year and it's never asked me for a license key.

Good morning guys!

As I have stated many times in posts about this software, it IS ALWAYS FREE. Ignore the trial period message. Just grab yourself some great cloud and sky textures, and go enjoy some great real weather flying!

PS: Make sure you have FSUIPC installed and the correct path selected under the "interface" tab. I always load the default FS9 startup flight with the default C172, pan around the plane outside view at least 6x to fully load all textures into the graphics card... then select you airport, your plane ...start the FSrealWX, download the WX, and go fly! :pilot: :cool: Have fun! Glenn

Archived