Flight Simulator X Low FPS problem

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sachin,

You're getting about what you can get from this system, I'll have to say. However, you have an excellent graphics card for when you can upgrade your motherboard, CPU and RAM.

Jorgen

+1! Especially the CPU!! Many games today are dependent on a super Graphics Processor Unit. (GPU) That's why so many are buying a fancy GPU

Sachin,

You need to understand that Microsoft Flight Simulators succeed and fail based on the clock speed of their Central Processing Unit! (CPU) Not the GPU!

Your GPU is a great card and will probably work very well as installed with most modern games. But to be very happy with MFS, you need to buy a much faster CPU and some RAM to match.

I'm sorry you had to learn this way but as Jorgen said, once you do the needed upgrades to the processor side, you should have a super system for whatever software you choose to use!! ;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

+1! Especially the CPU!! Many games today are dependent on a super Graphics Processor Unit. (GPU) That's why so many are buying a fancy GPU

Sachin,

You need to understand that Microsoft Flight Simulators succeed and fail based on the clock speed of their Central Processing Unit! (CPU) Not the GPU!

Your GPU is a great card and will probably work very well as installed with most modern games. But to be very happy with MFS, you need to buy a much faster CPU and some RAM to match.

I'm sorry you had to learn this way but as Jorgen said, once you do the needed upgrades to the processor side, you should have a super system for whatever software you choose to use!! ;)

This doesn't explain why the sim was working well for the OP before reinstalling the OS. They may not have the fastest hardware, but it sounds like it was running well enough before. Focusing on the hardware isn't going to help fix the problem.

This sounds like either a driver issue, or something in the sim itself.

3 FPS!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE ACTUAL fffffffffffffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

honestly this is so annoying

Have you tried following the guide pinned to the top of the FSX forum? Clean install of the latest GPU drivers?

Which airport? One specific one, or every airport? Do you have any add-ons installed?

I hate to say this, and I'm probably going to get some flack, but I think, and this is just my personal opinion, is that it's due to Windows 10. In my opinion that OS is a joke and a ½. Never mind its built-in keylogger and all it's other privacy invading crap. Not to mention updates are downloaded without your approval whether you like it or not. Just read M$'s EULA and you'll see what crap of an OS it truly is. I would try to disable Windows update by going into the control panel and under Administrative Tools go to services. Find Windows Update at the bottom and turn off/disable. It's worth a shot. Other than that it may be do to an update and in fact, Windows will update your hardware drivers with their own by default and that's not something you want. That can be disabled. You only want the manufacturer's driver since they are the one's that built that hardware. You may have installed a GPU driver, but it could have been replaced with Redmond's very own, non-QC peice of junk driver. https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10

I bought a laptop on ebay and it came with Win 10. Being curios I checked it out to see what it was all about. After some %^%#$ and a pop up black screen I was like what in the world is going on here? It was like I had no control over my own OS. I was never going to keep that OS in the first place, so I promptly formatted the drive and installed my good ol' fashion Win 7 which works relatively flawlessly. I'm still of the opinion that XP is/was the best OS for the Sim. But my current hardware doesn't support XP and thank God I can use 7. When and if I have to use 10 I may just have a dedicated Win 7 PC just for FSX. Shame what M$ did to 10. And I thought 8 was bad.

So in conclusion. Maybe try Win 7 for your Sim instead of Win 10. I know others haven't had any issues, but I have read others that DO have issues and it's probably hardware related / driver related more than anything. Everyone's hardware is different from one machine to the next.

Something changed on your machine, and I think you can safely blame M$ for that.

Have you tried following the guide pinned to the top of the FSX forum? Clean install of the latest GPU drivers?

Which airport? One specific one, or every airport? Do you have any add-ons installed?

tried clean install. if it was my driver issue other games would be affect too aint it? but its not gpu i tried multiple times

also other than the default addons i have nothing

it happens randomly, totally randomly no airports or things.

appreciate spending time to write this. I kind of love Windown 10 :( im aware of the privacy issues and problems. But i love Windows 10 a little more and would like to keep it.

Im thinking to fully. i mean FULLY! all the drives EVERYTHING formatted and Start TOTALLY Over from first. how about that? do you think that could solve the problem? Also i have been running the latest windows for a while now and i had the same version before too. be advised it happened at the reset.

i guess starting from the first would solve?

Starting from scratch may be the best way to go, though it is time consuming. Make sure to fully update Windows and install the latest drivers for the hardware before jumping into the sim. And once you get to installing the sim, follow Kosta's tweak guide to get it setup as best as possible before installing any add-ons.

Very little of that has anything to do with this issue. Other's have had similar problems under Windows 7 too, so downgrading is no guarantee either. And disabling Windows Update is a bad idea as it leaves the system open to security issues. In fact, users thinking they're smarter than Microsoft and disabling Windows Update was a big factor in MS making it harder to do so. Far too many computers were being infected that would have been safe if they had had the latest updates installed.

As for the Windows 10 updates, there are options to control most things if you really want to. See the link below for example.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/48277-enable-disable-driver-updates-windows-update-windows-10-a.html

And the last time I let Windows 10 install a driver for my Nvidia GPU to see what happened, it installed the latest WHQL driver Nvidia had submitted to them. While this wasn't as recent as the latest driver available on Nvidia's site, it wasn't a generic video driver.

Very little of that has anything to do with this issue. Other's have had similar problems under Windows 7 too, so downgrading is no guarantee either. And disabling Windows Update is a bad idea as it leaves the system open to security issues. In fact, users thinking they're smarter than Microsoft and disabling Windows Update was a big factor in MS making it harder to do so. Far too many computers were being infected that would have been safe if they had had the latest updates installed.

As for the Windows 10 updates, there are options to control most things if you really want to. See the link below for example.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/48277-enable-disable-driver-updates-windows-update-windows-10-a.html

And the last time I let Windows 10 install a driver for my Nvidia GPU to see what happened, it installed the latest WHQL driver Nvidia had submitted to them. While this wasn't as recent as the latest driver available on Nvidia's site, it wasn't a generic video driver.

HAHA I haven't run updates since I used Win 98se. You can update, update, and update to your little hearts content, but you will STILL get malware. Especially if it's polymorphic. It's really all on how you use your computer and what kind of security you run. I'm of the opinion that updates cause too many problems then they are worth. Some updates need to be used. In one case I needed an update to address lack of SHA256 ability so I could continue to use Sandboxie. But then I read that this specific update causes problems with flight controls. So I haven't tried installing it on my desktop Sim computer yet. You just can't win, and M$'s quality control is severely lacking, Just read this: https://forums.techguy.org/threads/march-cumulative-update-w7-problems.1207514/

I like how in Win 7, so called "updates" stuck Win 10 on people's computers without their permission. I solved that crap with my aunt's computer. As the saying goes, 'nothing in life is free.' There's a reason why 10 was free.

HAHA I haven't run updates since I used Win 98se. You can update, update, and update to your little hearts content, but you will STILL get malware. Especially if it's polymorphic. It's really all on how you use your computer and what kind of security you run. I'm of the opinion that updates cause too many problems then they are worth. Some updates need to be used. In one case I needed an update to address lack of SHA256 ability so I could continue to use Sandboxie. But then I read that this specific update causes problems with flight controls. So I haven't tried installing it on my desktop Sim computer yet. You just can't win, and M$'s quality control is severely lacking, Just read this: https://forums.techguy.org/threads/march-cumulative-update-w7-problems.1207514/

I like how in Win 7, so called "updates" stuck Win 10 on people's computers without their permission. I solved that crap with my aunt's computer. As the saying goes, 'nothing in life is free.' There's a reason why 10 was free.

How you run your computer is very different than the vast majority people do, or ever will, so recommending that they not install updates is very shortsighted. And claiming that because updating doesn’t stop all threats is reason enough to ignore updates is also pretty poor logic. Can you guarantee with 100% certainty that Sandboxie has or will never be compromised? People have found ways around them.

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/threat-analysis/2017/08/locky-ransomware-adds-anti-sandbox-feature/

The fact is unpatched versions of Windows are more vulnerable. Sure, one or two patches out of the hundreds or thousands that have been put out aren’t perfect, but that is a very poor excuse to discount the rest.

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2017/05/25/wannacry-the-rush-to-blame-xp-masked-bigger-problems/

And again this has nothing to do with the OP’s problem.

I'm well aware that a sandbox can be compromised. But like anything all software can be compromised. I'm hedging on Sandboxie's updates to fix and potential vulnerabilities. As to updates, you really only need the critical ones. But I don't use any of them unless I need one to fix something. You have to wonder just what they pack in all those updates that come out every Tuesday. Is Windows that broken that it requires so many updates? It's as bad as my Comcast cable box that updates once every night. Very annoying and excessive. Why would a flipping cable box have to be updated every night and what do these updates do?

I'm not here to disparage anyone's OS of choice or how they chose to use that OS and their computer, but I'm here to say that I don't use updates and have NEVER gotten hacked or any malware. Yes, I scan my computer from time to time with a whole host of programs and nothing ever gets found. This is chiefly because I don't browse the Internet or download stupid crap like a moron and I use a sandbox for my browser and E-mail client Thunderbird. I'm here to say I've seen my fare share of update madness and I had a whole list of links to computer forums with posts about updates breaking things. I think when I find the list I'll post it to my site.

But to each their own. The OP may have a Windows issue and I think it's directly to do with Win 10. Especially since the Sim worked fine before and now he's getting 3 frames per second. What has changed?

Edit-

Wanaycry is a port issue, not an update issue. I used NMAP to make sure my local network was/is protected.

Yes crj, Win 10 is not the cause. Get over yourself. Stop using this forum for your hate speaches and let us get on with actually helping this guy get to a solution.

When someone corrects you, don't act so hurt every time. It's not a personal attack. It's a way of teaching you something you don't know. Or are you not here to learn? You should be. Because you do have a lot to learn. About fsx, and about pc's in general. Acting hurt every time someone corrects you just makes you look silly. Because instead of taking away a valuable lesson and making a friend that could teach you more, you pick a fight and learn nothing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not his current hardware. He said he didn't have this trouble before. He may be using an i3, but it should be able to play the game fine. He also said he was now getting 4 FPS. Based on this I conclude something has changed in his setup. Either an update or an add-on. My logic is sound as I have been messing with computers for over 20 years. I have built, upgraded and repaired laptops. Once again, something changed in his computer. If your gonna bitch about my post's, the take it to PMs and at least offer your so-called wisdom instead of pushing your hot air on me and not even helping the guy out.

The next person that quotes me with mindless drivel will be promptly placed on my ignore list.

Also, updates can affect people differently. It may not affect you, but they can affect someone else. It's all hardware dependent and how a driver update or whatever responds to that hardware.

Let me quote myslef here since no one read it.

I hate to say this, and I'm probably going to get some flack, but I think, and this is just my personal opinion, is that it's due to Windows 10. In my opinion that OS is a joke and a ½. Never mind its built-in keylogger and all it's other privacy invading crap. Not to mention updates are downloaded without your approval whether you like it or not.

My opinion! You don't need to somehow try and invalidate what I say. It's not your mission.

sorry, i run i3-3220 but be advised i was running this game smoothly before with my Geforce 210. No i get 1fps during take off. i tried minimal settings, still. reinstalled, still, uninstalled all MSFSX SPD something and still!. im checked mate! help. i cant play D: update: it crashes frequently, and i ge t1 fps at VOTV Thiruvananthapuram Airport And 27- 30 at dubai Int'l so weird

Have you made any changes to your PC since then? Any add-ons added? Can you go in and roll back updates from when this problem started to happen.

Archived