Help needed with Moving Map Software.

Retrovanian

Hi,

I used FSNav years ago and that told me where I was and you could zoom in on an Airport to check the Landing Runway Heading etc. I cannot get this information out of the Default GPS and the Default Map is pretty useless as you cannot seem to move it from the position of the Aircraft.

I have tried the new version of FS Tramp but it just crashes the program on Windows 10.

I need some kind of Moving Map Software like FSNav. I only have one Monitor so that makes it more difficult.

I gave up on FSX not long after it was released for the same reasons plus the Widecreen issue. Coming back to it with the Steam Version I was hoping that some of these problems would be sorted out in the long time I was away.

Any advice or help in this matter would be much appreciated. I have tried the demo version of x-plane 11 but it is being sold in Beta and has a lot of problems and bugs.

Kind regards James.

I have had no problems with the default map in FSX. I just take my mouse pointer to andy edge or corner and click to make it move to where I want to go. Especially to my destination airport if I'm a few hundred miles away to check out ILS freqs. etc.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

If you have a tablet, GMAP and Flightmap are a couple of applications (apps) that can send your location over wifi to the tablet and both provide maps to follow along. If I recall correctly, they need the paid version of FSUIPC (useful for many things in FSX) as well.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Like many flight simmers, I miss FSNav. But, as very strangely with FSX, we can't use

a second monitor when flying in VC, I tried GMap from FSWidget and I really like it.

Using it for a couple of years on a tablet in my cockpit set-up, it's perfect for GA flying.

Fermin Fernandez, the soft developer, give a good and fast support if you need help.

It only need the free version of FSUIPC.

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

Archived