Help - Can't Touch Most Controls

paychecker

Hi. I downloaded FSX and i can't touch most of the controlls. Like i want to try starting the aircraft from cold and dark mode lets say game wont let me touch apu bleed or wiperblades or even ground controll sound test button or fire test buttons on engines how can i unlock these things

What aircraft do you have that have working wiper blades? Now there are some 3rd party addons that have these working features but on most aircraft these are for show, not go!

Now if you really want working switches and knobs, You may be looking for payware aircraft.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

As you may gather from the preceding posts, any working controls in the cockpit (virtual or 2D) are at the discretion of the aircraft panel developer. It takes a lot of time and effort (and knowledge) to add the various buttons, knobs, switches, instruments, etc., as each must be built as a separate gauge (though a few here and there may be grouped together), and the graphics and code for each must be carefully integrated.

So there often are excellent (sometimes not so good) pictures on the various panels and usually they have some (rarely all) of the various depicted items working. Payware is more likely to have a lot of working items, but there are some freeware folks who include a lot, also.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

So i need to pay for aircraft to get full access or the most realistic controlls ay

Give us a clue as to what aircraft(s) you like to fly and maybe we can help you out with better panels, etc.

Give us a clue as to what aircraft(s) you like to fly and maybe we can help you out with better panels, etc.

I am very new to aircraft so i am more familiar with the A320 cockpit and i really want to start the aircraft from cold and dark. But I am using the default A321 in the FSX so it doesn't allow me to touch most of the knobs and switches. I tried downloading a few different A320 models but its always the same. I simply want all access to an A320 :(

Yes, I think we need a very specific aircraft to focus on, as I must admit to not understanding the question. You can't `touch` controls on a virtual cockpit or screen, it's a 2d or 3d representation. Are you trying to use VR? Or is it as others presuppose, that certain controls don't seem to `do` anything?

If the latter, that's entirely normal and precious few payware aircraft actually have all controls useable.

If not, perhaps explain the issue in greater detail.

Here's a fix for sone of the buttons on the b747_400 VC. On the main panel. (AP on/off switch for example. And backcourse button.)

Also adds a few switches in the top of PFD. Like the FULL/EXP swich and the pitot heat.

They are 2d gauges added there.

If you find a working 2D switch for the functions you want, you can of course put it in that spot instead.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?291525-How-do-I-get-all-buttons-to-work-in-the-boeing-747

Also, look in the menu "Options--Settings--Controls. The "keyboard" tab allows you to assign aircraft functions to keyboard buttons. That way you can turn an APU on without a working switch in the VC or 2D panel.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, I think we need a very specific aircraft to focus on, as I must admit to not understanding the question. You can't `touch` controls on a virtual cockpit or screen, it's a 2d or 3d representation. Are you trying to use VR? Or is it as others presuppose, that certain controls don't seem to `do` anything?

If the latter, that's entirely normal and precious few payware aircraft actually have all controls useable.

If not, perhaps explain the issue in greater detail.

Again i know the cockpit of A320 and FSX has A321 default aircraft which its not very realistic. I dont know the name of that part but there is like a little computer where you put info about your flight like flight level or V1 V2 VR data or which runways you are gonna use stuff like that im sure you guys understand what I'm talking about. In default A321 i can't use it and it or i realized when you are close to the touchdown point you can use localizer and approch. Those are complitely useless in default aircrafts. If you guys know any free A320 or Boeing 737 kind of aircrafts i can use please share the link. Thank you.

OK, now we are getting somewhere!! The FMC (Flight Management Computer) in all default aircraft are not useful for anything. There are some freeware addon FMCs that somewhat do what you want. There are payware FMCs that are good but the best are in payware A-320 aircraft from Aerosoft.

Archived