Lost my taskbar at the top

asos

Hi,

I have lost my taskbar the top of my my fs9 screen--I mean the tabs where you can select aircraft, options, etc..

Now to get it to show I must press ALT--I can then select the aircraft, and once selected, the tasksbar disappears again and I must repress ALT for it to show again and the same cycle repeats again...

Previously, I had it on all the time at the top. How can I get it to be on all the time again, please?

Nick

Press Ctrl+Return.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

tiger,

I have no RETURN key on the keyboard.

I tried pressing CONTROL + backspace--it did not work.

If you have no RETURN key would it be called ENTER instead? It's called ENTER on my keyboard with an arrow pointing to the left.

@tiger......Thinking about an older typewriter keyboard and the "Carriage Return" Key?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi,

I have lost my taskbar the top of my my fs9 screen--I mean the tabs where you can select aircraft, options, etc.

[snip]

Previously, I had it on all the time at the top. How can I get it to be on all the time again, please?

Hi Nick,

From your description you are talking about the menu bar rather than the task bar.

It is easy to get the menu bar back. With a flight loaded, just right-click on the screen and un-tick the option for "Hide Menu Bar".

I feel sure that will sort your problem.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

No it's not. It is here that you can permanently change.

[MAIN]

HideMenuNormal=0

HideMenuFullscreen=1

You can choose to not hide menu when in full screen by '=0'. The 'Alt+Enter' key press toggles 'windowed' or 'full screen' modes. The menu bar is a seperate operation.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Chances are that he (without realising it) right-clicked and disabled it which is why I find it so curious that it couldn't be reversed. Things like that are easily done.

It would be very curious if an add-on disabled things like that by changing an entry in the fs9.cfg file and then prevent the user changing it in the normal manner but if it did do that it will probably do it again.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

No nothing changed it. He is 'seeing things'. Like I said, when in full screen the menu bar is automatically hidden until you press and hold the Alt key. When in 'windowed' (ie: called 'normal' in cfg) the menu bar is always 'visibile', even if you press and hold the Alt key. But if you change to '=1' (hidden when in 'windowed' or 'normal') then you have to press and hold the Alt key to see it. Get it? 'See it'. Thus he is (not) 'seeing' things (hehe).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived