FSX very ugly aircrafts lights!

Horacios

Hi there,

Maybe someone can help me with this question, how can I take the terrible ugly lights of the airplanes away from FSX Simulator, they are not only ugly but they are also extrange, if after the landing I want to wacht from the distance how goed it was, I look at the plane and the nose wheel light is not anymore on the nose wheel, but one or two meters ahead, same happend with the landing lights!

This is not good at all!

If someone can help me I'll be very thankfull!

I hope to hear from you guys very soon!

Cub51

Hi Mr Zippy, nice to hear from you again, you ask me for shots, I did try to put a picture in my tread, but I don't know how to do it, if I had your mail, I can send you a picture because I know how to do it in a mail! sorry I,m not very good in computers, of maybe you can tell me how to do it here!

Thanks!

Cub51

Do be aware that the aircraft lights may be in an effects file, but in some cases they're built in to the aircraft model. In the latter case you can't do much without the original source code and compiler for the aircraft, but in the former case you can learn (using the SDK) to modify effects files.

In the aircraft.cfg you can see which effects are in use (if any) in the lighting section, and you can even change their positions on the aircraft, if needed.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

There is a utility DVD in Pilot Shop ($15) called 'Suppression Flight - Ultimate Effects' which changes the lights, changes the rain effects, changes the water wake, etc. For FS9 and FSX.

And for pics, hit enter to be at start of new line, click on 'Go Advanced', then click 'Manage Attachments' (scroll down to see), then 'Add Files' (where you browse to where you saved the jpg), click on pic, then 'Open', then 'Download', and then 'Done' then 'Submit Reply'. That's it.

Suppression Flight_Effects.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Okay mate here are your shots-

A320

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/AirbusA320lights_zpsfv1uvzyc.jpg~original

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/B757lights_zps0l2fyp0v.jpg~original

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/B757lights2_zps3vjvmscy.jpg~original

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/B757lights3_zpsauke3fvk.jpg~original

Because those lights work with the light splash they must be assigned in the 3d model using attach points. When effects are done that way they "drift" from the assigned location, and the issue seems to be linked to the geographical position of the plane. It appears to be limited to the area between 45*N and 45*S, and I think it is worst at the equator.

So far a fix has yet to be found, but there has been some effort among developers to figure one out.

Robert Kerr

3D Modeler & Texture Artist

I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz, GTX-970 w/4GB, 8gb DDR 3 RAM, two SSDs, and Win 7 64 bit.

Hi Mr.Zippy,

The B757's are QW and the Airbus from Project Airbus, you talk about "bad light positioning" I tell you this, if you are looking at the airplane just next to him, the lights are in the right place, this only happend when you look at the airplane from a distance, in the landing for instance, and when te plane came to you, the lights begin slowly to move to the right place, and finally when the plane is just next to you, the lights are perfect! your other question was if the other airplane also have this problem, some of then not, CLS B747 and DC10 doesen't have this problem, but nearly all the others have it!

I hope my explanation is clear for you!

Thanks!

Cub51

PS. Thanks a lot for you Skatterbrainkid for the work on my pictures!

Archived