Virtual FAA should ground the whole TDS 787 line

dogdish

I installed the BASE models of the 787-3, 787-8, 787-9, and 787-10.

Each and every model has a lighting problem of some degree. The only reliable lights are the Cockpit and Landing lights. Sometimes the red/green NAV lights work. I even noticed that if you pan around the plane from directly in front, the NAV lights go out. The lights need to be viewable at any angle. At one point I saw the Strobe lights reflecting on the ground. NEVER saw a Tail light or Beacon light. As I said, this is with the TDS BASE models and no add on panels of any kind. The 787-8 was the only model I found a update for so I installed that. Tried the Util panel fix, no improvement.

If TDS is trying to model the Boeing start up problems with the 787, they are doing a fine job. Hopefully the planes won't burst into flames with the electrical problems. I see them dumping on painters on Facebook blaming them for the models shortcomings. Perhaps they should release fixes for the whole line. I sure would not want to go flying around in the dark with no lights in a real plane.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Just a thought but maybe you should try to fix the lights. :eek:

02Apr16

I just installed the TDS 787-9 base pac. The plane's lights seem ok, however the panel doesn't work. I changed the panel with the default 737 and that worked but just after take off FSX would crash to desktop. Capsim has alot of 787's and I will continue to fly them.

So, if you don't like a FREE airplane why not just delete the FREE airplane? Or, as suggested above, you could try to fix the FREE airplane yourself. Ever flown on a real 787? I have and it makes the FREE airplane look even better. The 787 is so bad on cabin space that the tickets should be FREE - just like the FREE airplane. At least with a FREE airplane we don't have to spend any money as it's given to us for FREE.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Great title.

Some thoughts:

-You can add a strobe or nav light quite easily. Making it respond to a vc switch may be a lot more difficult though.

-Lights looking different from different angles makes me think you may be using directX-10 mode. That would give the same effect in default planes btw. In fsx settings, make sure "use direct x 10 mode" is not checkmarked.

-I too decided long ago to stop trying TDS planes, but I'm still glad they produced these freewares. You can add payware VC's to them I hear, and some people get great results. Plus they do look stunning in outside view.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And it would be nice if they would write install directions in ENGLISH and update the readme to reflect that the file is for FSX. Have tried several times to setup their A/C and been left with a mess: Plane doesn't show up at all in sim. Yeah, it's freeware, but, we've become used to having qulaity provided. Would be nice if these guys would do that. /Rant over/

Well, if you had the Aerosim 787, it's not much better as far as functionality goes. I haven't used it in quite some time. Never tried the TDS version and likely won't do so.

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

So, if you don't like a FREE airplane why not just delete the FREE airplane? Or, as suggested above, you could try to fix the FREE airplane yourself. Ever flown on a real 787? I have and it makes the FREE airplane look even better. The 787 is so bad on cabin space that the tickets should be FREE - just like the FREE airplane. At least with a FREE airplane we don't have to spend any money as it's given to us for FREE.

Doug

Flew Abu Dhabi to Brisbane in a 787-10. Never again. Felt like a sardine in the tin.

Great title.

Some thoughts:

-You can add a strobe or nav light quite easily. Making it respond to a vc switch may be a lot more difficult though.

-Lights looking different from different angles makes me think you may be using directX-10 mode. That would give the same effect in default planes btw. In fsx settings, make sure "use direct x 10 mode" is not checkmarked.

-I too decided long ago to stop trying TDS planes, but I'm still glad they produced these freewares. You can add payware VC's to them I hear, and some people get great results. Plus they do look stunning in outside view.

I've added wing lights to planes before, however the wings on this model flex and they are built into the model. If you add lights while sitting on the ground and then take off, the lights remain where you positioned them (floating below the flexed wingtips). If you try to position them for wing flex, the lights are floating above the wingtips sitting on the ground. Neither is satisfactory.

I also tried turning off DX10 temporally, but got the same results with the lights. I normally leave DX10 on because I have a quite a few payware planes that are designed for it. Matter of fact I used CamSims 787 on FS9 but it does not support DX10 of FSX and was the reason I tried the TDS 787 which does.

Your right. The planes look great and I'm using several POSKY planes with FS9 and I thought because TDS is former POSKY guys, this one would be flawless. There are a few alternatives for cockpits that are available, but I just want to get this lighting bug fixed before I go any further.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Flew Abu Dhabi to Brisbane in a 787-10. Never again. Felt like a sardine in the tin.

?????????

Mr. Bean,

I think some times it's better to wonder than to know!;)

I think he meant in a real plane flying coach:)

Just a thought but maybe you should try to fix the lights. :eek:

02Apr16

I just installed the TDS 787-9 base pac. The plane's lights seem ok, however the panel doesn't work. I changed the panel with the default 737 and that worked but just after take off FSX would crash to desktop. Capsim has alot of 787's and I will continue to fly them.

The default panel calls for the gauges of the FS9 777 that don't come with FSX and I tried copying it from FS9 to FSX but it does not work anyways. Make sure you read the PDF that came with it. You have to add lines to the Panel.cfg and copy the TDS panel folders because they contain XML's for proper operation.

All your lights work (Cockpit, Landing, Taxi, NAV, Strobes, Beacons)?

I have the Capt Sim Space Shuttle and it does NOT work with DX10 (Shuttles are all white unless DX10 turned off). Do the Cap Sim 787 work with DX10 OK?

Got all the lights working. :) All I had to do was make a Facebook account so I could download the model updates...

November 30, 2015 at 6:36pm - FSX_TDS783_Trent1000_IH50_MDL.zip

November 30, 2015 at 6:34pm - FSX_TDS783_GENX_IH50_MDL.zip

November 30, 2015 at 6:05pm - FSX_TDS780_Trent1000_IH50_MDL.zip

November 30, 2015 at 6:03pm - FSX_TDS780_GENX_IH50_MDL.zip

November 30, 2015 at 5:13pm - FSX_TDS788_GENX_IH50_MDL.zip

November 30, 2015 at 5:13pm - FSX_TDS788_Trent1000_IH50_MDL.zip

November 30, 2015 at 4:48pm - FSX_TDS789_TRENT1000_IH50_MDL.zip

November 30, 2015 at 4:46pm - FSX_TDS789_GENX_IH50_MDL.zip

Don't know why they have not uploaded these in the FlightSim file library.:mad:

If any of the lights don't work when the plane is first loaded, I found that using the FSX engine auto start initializes them to work again.

I merged the FSX default 737-800 Virtual Cockpit to the TDS 787's and it works just fine. Got the TSS 787 engine sounds to replace the 737 sounds.

This TDS 787 doesn't suck after all once you work through all the confusion of the offered downloads in the library. The Virtual FAA can now lift the grounding order.

If the only source for the patches is Facebook, then TDS certainly is messed up! :mad:

Lighten Up! Isn't that airplane FREEWARE? If so, delete it and go on with your life! We're supposed to be doing this because we enjoy it, not to get mad about it.:cool:

Remember free advice & free airplanes are freely taken and freely deleted.;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

You are really great guys.

Here we have one of the few freeware fsx developers and all you do is mostly bash them. This is the reason we have lost so many in the past.

If the plane disturbs you, delete it or At least try to be positive in your comments if you find something wrong

I have the TDS aircraft and although there are some problems, I thank them for developing something we would otherwise never see.

Archived