Lumberjack Problem

klfarley

I must be doing something wrong. I have read several tutorials and searched the web for a week and still cannot get Lumberjack to work correctly with FSX. I have created folders and added them to "Addon Scenery" and added them to the scenery library. I still have trees too close to the end of my runway. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Ken

It does not clear many trees. Come flying in. With nice view close to runway pause flight.

Observe trees closely.

From menu bar choose scenery library and remove the check mark for lumberjack.

See the small difference.

It does not clear a wide path to RW.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Which version did you use?

There are two versions of this archive, one called AGEXCL3X.ZIP and one called AGEXCL5X.ZIP. The first clears 3 times the runway width and the second clears 5 times the runway width. Both clear 1.5 times the runway length.

I installed it several years ago back in my lazy days. I just added all of the .bgl files to my Addon Scenery/Scenery folder. I think I did it to clear the trees from the runway approach at Hana, Maui Hawaii.

What airport runway are you concerned about?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

note, that's what it says in the description. It actually is more:

"clears a few trees here and there, sometimes in front of the RW, sometimes off to the side."

Or at leatst, that's what I see when using it.

May be that what is meant is that - the length of the path that is cleared is 3 times the RW width.

Don't expect a Wide and miles long straight path carved through the trees. That's not what happens. It just removes a few high trees from in front of the threshold, but it leaves plenty there to give you a hard time landing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just took a couple of shots at Hana. The first one is showing my plane at runway 8 looking back at where the trees were. They came pretty close to the fence.

Hana runway 8.JPG

This shot is an overhead view of the cleared area.

Hana trees.JPG

I will check it and see if there is a difference if I deactivate it in the scenery library. It is runway 2R at Nashville. Oddly the tree only shows up during the winter months. Since I am using FSX Steam, I cannot use an airport editor since there is no SDK file.

Ok this is weird. I went to the scenery and removed the check mark next to the lumberjack file and the trees were gone. I think the mistake that I was making is that I was adding the Lumberjack file to the scenery library. If i just leave it in Addon Scenery, it works correctly. Thanks for your help.

Ken

I had this finished, so I'll post anyway.

I'll say how I installed.

In:

/Addon Scenery/AGExcl/scenery/

is where the .bgl files are.

Here is also a folder:

/Addon Scenery/AGExcl/texture/

That is empty.

-------------

Same for:

/Addon Scenery/AGExcl3x/scenery/

and

/Addon Scenery/AGExcl3x/texture/

Than I activate one of the two in the scenery library.

As I said, at some airports the difference between activated or not is very small. especially at small airports. (with small runays)

You really need to pause or park, and activate/deactivate to see a difference sometimes.

There were airports where I had to take two screenshots and compare them side by side to spot the differences.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you very much. In the summer season, it removes the trees. In the winter, it leaves one big tree in the flight path. I guess I will try to find an airport editor for FSX Steam.

Ken

Odd, it should not be a seasonal thing. Lumberjack takes out trees on a permanent basis. Are you using a addon scenery for Nashville airport?

I will check it and see if there is a difference if I deactivate it in the scenery library. It is runway 2R at Nashville. Oddly the tree only shows up during the winter months. Since I am using FSX Steam, I cannot use an airport editor since there is no SDK file.

Rumor has it... that you can go to the Prepar3D site and grab the 1.4 version of their SDK and it will allow you to edit your heart away.

I've heard about Lumberjack for some time but never tried it. After reading this thread I just downloaded and installed it. I then did a couple of flights in and out of airports near which I've always found the trees to be very annoying. Much, much better! I should have done this earlier!

I just wish I could remember the few places where a tree or bush was actually in the runway. I can't help but wonder if they'd still be there?

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

The area in the orange rectangle is what I want to change to grass. I want to leave the road. I am trying to use ADE. The learning curve is a little steeper than I thought. This is an area at the end of runway 2R at Nashville International Airport.

KBNA Nashville 2R.jpg

Ken

KBNA 2R.jpg

...I want to change to grass. ...at the end of runway 2R at Nashville International Airport.

Create a polygon, using the poly tool (circled in red), where you want the grass like this...

Capture.JPG

There are three options for that poly.

Mask Class Map will change that area to grass.

Exclude Autogen will remove trees and autogen buildings.

Flatten will flatten the area to the airport elevation. You may not want this one.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

FSX - FSX Scenery FSX Scenery--Nashville International Airport

[ Download | View ]

Name: kbna_fsx.zip

Size: 2,426,627 Date: 11-16-2014 Downloads: 688

kbna_fsx.gif

FSX Scenery--Nashville International Airport (KBNA), Tennessee (TN), USA. Several improvements have been made over the default airport including redesign of the terminal area with custom made buildings; addition of the military area with two custom made buildings; redrawing of the vehicle paths; runway 13/31 has been opened to AI traffic as an option and all four runways will be in use; no autogen objects will display on the airport grounds; the tower view is now from the roof of the control tower; extra fuel trucks have been added; all gates are accurately portrayed; all taxiways are accurately named and taxiway signs accurately positioned; and Jim Dhaenen's ramp lights have been added to the terminal and military areas. By Patrick Finch.

Does this work for you?

Capture.JPG

If so, download the attached file.

Rename it, change the extension from .txt to .bgl

Place it in Addon Scenery\scenery.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived