Joystick Aileron problem

Duh im marty

Hi all,

So recently I have encountered a problem that I cannot solve. My Logitech Attack 3 joystick. For some reason, whenever I try to turn my aircraft left or right, the stick in the aircraft turns the way i'd like it to, then after a split second centers itself and I have to jerk it around just to do the same thing again. It's a real pain in the neck. I've tried everything from uninstalling then reinstalling the stick, it's drivers, messed with sensitivities and null zones, no dice. Help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Felix

For some reason, whenever I try to turn my aircraft left or right, the stick in the aircraft turns the way i'd like it to, then after a split second centers itself and I have to jerk it around just to do the same thing again.

It sounds as if you're a newcomer to flying because you say "turn". Do you mean bank?

Or are you using twist grip for rudder or what?

And why do you look at the stick in the aircraft?

I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and have a periodic problem with rudder control. In a search on the internet, it seems to be a fluky mechanical issue with the controller itself which others have reported. One person suggested "Exercising" the stick fully (while not in use). Apparently maybe the contacts are finicky. Mine will show the problem immediately upon setup because the aircraft will have full left rudder refusing to center unless I apply constant opposite rudder. Once I am off the ground, it resolves itself until I am on the ground again. Maybe your controller has this sort of issue? The problem comes and goes with this stick. I blame the Logitech device but have no expertise to say it with certainty. I live with it because it does not happen all the time.

Redd

No sir i'm not a newcomer, been flying on this sim since it came out. I wrote that post in like 3 minutes, so I didn't use great terminology, also, I was only looking at my aircraft's stick when I realized my aircraft was not banking. And no, I don't use my stick for rudder cntrl. Thanks!

...whenever I try to turn my aircraft..

Which aircraft, just one or all of them?

PS- check your stick is not bust (it does happen), for example my Thrustmaster joystick's throttle slider stopped working recently so I took the stick apart and found an orange wire dangling in midair so I re-connected it and problem solved..:)

Which aircraft, just one or all of them?

PS- check your stick is not bust (it does happen), for example my Thrustmaster joystick's throttle slider stopped working recently so I took the stick apart and found an orange wire dangling in midair so I re-connected it and problem solved..:)

Every single aircraft sir, it's odd though, because when I calibrate the stick in FSX, it shows that all of the stick's axis work fine.

In external view, can you see with your eyeballs whether the ailerons/rudder/elevators are all moving properly when you twist and waggle the stick?

No twist with the Attack 3 joystick. Movement is forward, back, and side to side.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi Marty.

Check and make sure the same axis is Not assigned to 2 different jsticks. TV

Hi, I do have X and Y axis assigned to my pro flight yoke and use my yoke when I fly boeings, cessnas...etc, and my ATK3 when i'm flying airbus...etc, would this cause the problem? Having the same assignments on 2 controllers? Thanks!

-Felix

Hi, I do have X and Y axis assigned to my pro flight yoke and use my yoke when I fly boeings, cessnas...etc, and my ATK3 when i'm flying airbus...etc, would this cause the problem? Having the same assignments on 2 controllers? Thanks!

-Felix

Yes

Hi Marty.

You are welcome.

There are ways to minimize the work in switching between joysticks, or you can keep both connected, but disable all the axis in the one that you are not using, but I am not sure it's worth the hassle.

You will eventually find a happy medium. TV

Archived