How to add a Pilot figure

Downwind66

• 2 weeks later...
IIRC pilots are in the model.

It's an interesting one because I once years ago saw a YouTube video of a PMDG 737 with Condoleezza rice in the left seat. LOL!

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

An awesome weather website with oodles of Info. and options.

Wile E. Coyote would be impressed.

Yeah, it was funny for sure seeing her fat smile in the captain's seat. LOL!

I'm not joking though. Someone actually stuck her snap in there. I don't know how they did it because the MDL (which is encrypted?) had to be edited. That's why I said it was interesting.

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

Some FSX aircraft have Pilots in the texture folder that you can paste any mug over. I have these in a 747 that I downloaded from here. They are usually in .dds format so I converted it to Jpeg.

pilots.jpeg

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Yeah, I've see that before.

I just checked my FS2004 directory using my search program Everything.exe and would you believe I only have one dds file? The rest, some 240 thousand images are all bmps. I think this is because I mass changed all my images to bitmap using a utility I found here in the library. Meatwater something? I don't remember. Been years.

And yeah, just checked the FS2004 PMDG folders in FS2004 for the 737-600/700 and there's no character bmp files that I can see through Windows viewing. I do use IrFanView to see other images that Windows can't. Perhaps one of the bmps is the pilot character, I just don't know which one that would be the editable one. Even then, that format is rendered somehow in Photoshop or Coral and I never mastered those programs.

OOM errors? Read this.

I mass changed all my images to bitmap using a utility I found here in the library. Meatwater something? I don't remember. Been years.

I believe I was thinking of BMP2DXT3. But that can't be right since all my images are BMPs. I may have used BMP2DXT3 for FSX though.

OOM errors? Read this.

• 2 months later...