Purchased the Boeing 247D and I freaking love it

I haven't posted in a long time but felt inspired to just because of this payware product.

Recommended experience: use the Lineas Aereas Mexicanas ("LAMSA") livery. Then use your VFR skills alone to fly a route south through the Mexican state of Baja California. So damn fun!

I have not learned how to use the funky old school radio navigation system. You don't really need it in Baja though. Those tiny islands in the Gulf of California are pretty good navigation references when relying on a sectional. There are no other navigation tools available. No VOR, no ADF, nada. And obviously no autopilot. This thing doesn't even use flaps. The landing gear is super cool though. It is retractable, and if there's a malfunction, there's a way to manually lower it.

When you fly this plane, it remembers how you shut it down for the next time you open it back up for another flight. So using a disciplined checklist properly actually matters, as do fuel management, oil (which you should also change depending on outside temperature), and the health of your engines. I think I was using the wrong oil once which caused an engine fire when I was still getting the hang of this plane. There is a built-in old school extinguisher system if that happens, hilariously.

Sitting in a passenger seat mid-flight is so damn cool. The interior cabin is amazing. The reading lights switch on and off, and you can flip the ashtrays too. There's a Mexican newspaper folded up in the newspaper holder up front, so I assume that corresponds with the livery of choice. I haven't tried the other liveries yet as I am trying to get to Mexico City.

Check it out if in your budget, and enjoy! Link to our forum host's post about it, which contains a link to the product: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?24005-Wing42-Releases-Boeing-247D-For-MSFS-2020

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

• 1 year later...
On 4/7/2022 at 8:07 AM, neilends said:

I haven't posted in a long time but felt inspired to just because of this payware product.

Recommended experience: use the Lineas Aereas Mexicanas ("LAMSA") livery. Then use your VFR skills alone to fly a route south through the Mexican state of Baja California. So damn fun!

I have not learned how to use the funky old school radio navigation system. You don't really need it in Baja though. Those tiny islands in the Gulf of California are pretty good navigation references when relying on a sectional. There are no other navigation tools available. No VOR, no ADF, nada. And obviously no autopilot. This thing doesn't even use flaps. The landing gear is super cool though. It is retractable, and if there's a malfunction, there's a way to manually lower it.

When you fly this plane, it remembers how you shut it down for the next time you open it back up for another flight. So using a disciplined checklist properly actually matters, as do fuel management, oil (which you should also change depending on outside temperature), and the health of your engines. I think I was using the wrong oil once which caused an engine fire when I was still getting the hang of this plane. There is a built-in old school extinguisher system if that happens, hilariously.

Sitting in a passenger seat mid-flight is so damn cool. The interior cabin is amazing. The reading lights switch on and off, and you can flip the ashtrays too. There's a Mexican newspaper folded up in the newspaper holder up front, so I assume that corresponds with the livery of choice. I haven't tried the other liveries yet as I am trying to get to Mexico City.

Check it out if in your budget, and enjoy! Link to our forum host's post about it, which contains a link to the product: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?24005-Wing42-Releases-Boeing-247D-For-MSFS-2020

Old post, but ya, intensely cool old plane. It's really fun. The startup procedure is old school as hell! One of my favorites. 

On 4/7/2022 at 11:07 AM, neilends said:

I have not learned how to use the funky old school radio navigation system. You don't really need it in Baja though. Those tiny islands in the Gulf of California are pretty good navigation references when relying on a sectional. There are no other navigation tools available. No VOR, no ADF, nada. And obviously no autopilot. This thing doesn't even use flaps. The landing gear is super cool though. It is retractable, and if there's a malfunction, there's a way to manually lower i

I tried that link twice.  It doesn't work.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Mr. Zippy. I have gleaned so much from you during the FSX years. A gigantic THANK YOU!  Please, get you a new puter so you can give us some of your wisdom on FS2020. I quit thinking about the kids and grandkids inheritance. They'll just blow your hard-earned loot on non-flight simming games and other things we wouldn't approve of. I built me a nice rig this time and didn't scrimp like I did in the past. Back around1983, with Sub Logic, I never dreamed I would be enjoying something as much as this. At my age, its better than sex.