All MSFS Aircraft Want To Bank To The Left

I recently bought/installed MSFS and to my surprise/delight, the whole process was pain-free, mostly. My only problem is that BOTH jets and props want to bank left. I can counteract with opposite aileron or rudder input but it takes a lot of input.

I have an older CH yoke (15 y/o), rudder and throttle quadrant and I programmed them for the new sim without problem. I calibrated the yoke and it works fine in FSX (I'm never giving up my FSX...) Flight controls are set to 'modern'. I tried 'legacy' and turned off torque and p-factor, no help, so I went back to modern.

Maybe it's simply time for a new yoke and I'm itching to pull out the credit card and upgrade to Honeycomb, but I figured I'd see if y'all had any suggestions...

Hi, I had a CH Yoke LE for 15-20 years and it worked well. However, I now have the Honeycomb & love it (except for one little problem I get with the short Ethernet cable) but the yoke is fantastic.

Other yokes are also available of course, like this interesting one..

I might be tempted to change my honeycomb for this one day!

Just a thought though.. is there any chance you may have a duplicate control set up, causing the planes to bank to the left? I’ve been there myself, only to remember I also had an old joystick plugged in.

One thing I’d definitely do.. check your keyboard bindings. This has come up on the forum before, where one of the keys was causing a yoke to move to the left.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

You might check for a fuel imbalance. In FSX just a few gallons of difference between the left and right could cause this, and it generally came from a saved flight. So when you first boot up, before flying, check your fuel is equal on both sides.

I don't know if that happens in the new sim, but it's worth a try.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Thanks very much for the good advice. It's not a fuel imbalance. Steve, I'll check my keyboard bindings. Also, that VelocityOne yoke/throttle combo might be what I need instead of going the Honeycomb route. We'll see...

Hi, I had a CH Yoke LE for 15-20 years and it worked well. However, I now have the Honeycomb & love it (except for one little problem I get with the short Ethernet cable) but the yoke is fantastic.

Other yokes are also available of course, like this interesting one..

I might be tempted to change my honeycomb for this one day!

Just a thought though.. is there any chance you may have a duplicate control set up, causing the planes to bank to the left? I’ve been there myself, only to remember I also had an old joystick plugged in.

One thing I’d definitely do.. check your keyboard bindings. This has come up on the forum before, where one of the keys was causing a yoke to move to the left.

Regards

Steve

I had the CH Products (Yoke and Pedals) and Had the same issues. Turns out it was the left pedal causing it. It was older like yours so I just chalked it up to old age. Got some new stuff (Honeycomb Alpha) and Logitech Pedals. No issues now. Good luck

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

Are you able to disconnect the rudder pedals and try a flight to see if the problem goes away?

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

IMO this tendency to roll left is exaggerated in FS2020 and was in FSX (and probably earlier versions).

I have flown light aircraft both solo and 2 up and have never experienced a need to maintain right aileron to maintain straight and level when in the cruise.

IRL single engine light aircraft have the engine off-set to minimise the effect of prop wash, I wonder if this is not correctly simulated in FS2020?