locating airport info while flying

Guest john283

Guest john283
In my previous flightsim I could click on airports nearest me and get the frequencies for ndb's, vor's, ils. I cannot find this feature in this version of flightsim. Does anybody know where to look or is this feature not available anymore.

You might specify WHICH version is "this version of flightsim," since there are quite a few supported on this site and you chose the Newcomer Services forum, which isn't sim specific. Granted we could try to assume you meant the new MSFS from 2020, but that's chancy. If that's the one you mean then someone else will need to answer, since I don't have that one. Otherwise, mention which one you're asking about please.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

In my previous flightsim I could click on airports nearest me and get the frequencies for ndb's, vor's, ils.

I think that refers to fsx (Fsx GPS "nearest airports" function.)

I cannot find this feature in this version of flightsim. Does anybody know where to look or is this feature not available anymore.

I think the version you mean there is msfs2020.

In that case, mention also what aircraft you use. And which (addon) gps you are using.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The installed version is flightsim standard 1.23.12.0

John, I think you missed the point of our questions. The "version" we were after is whether you are using FS2002, FS2004, FSX, X-Plane, CFS or the new 2020 version by Asobo, or even something else, not which version of whichever sim. Perhaps we should have asked it differently, such as: Which simulator program are you using? There are individual forums for each of these, where we wouldn't have needed to ask, but here, in newcomers, it can be for any of them.

Note to all with questions: please give enough information in your initial question posting to avoid a series of posts such as this, so that we don't have to play the online version of "telephone tag" before we are able to properly answer a question.

Edited by lnuss

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

I am playing the asobo flightsim 2020. I am flying the textron aviation cessna 152

The thing you are trying to get these freqs for NDB, VOR or ILS of the "nearest airports" is the GPS on the cockpit panel? Like shown in my screenshot??

gns530-kwmh-rnav-rwy04-007.jpg

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

That is exactly what I am trying to find.

So that is telling me that the GPS in MSFS 2020 doesn't do the same things as FSX.

I'm wondering if others who had the same issue switched over to a program called

"LittleNavmap" to look for alternate airport information?

Edited by mrzippy

So that is telling me that the GPS in MSFS 2020 doesn't do the same things as FSX.

I'm wondering if others who had the same issue switched over to a program called

"LittleNavmap" to look for alternate airport information?

The C152 is one of the few planes in MSFS which doesn't have a GPS, it's old-school steam gauge only! LittleNavMap would be a good standby, or you can zoom into the World map screen and get the info you need before you fly.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The C152 is one of the few planes in MSFS which doesn't have a GPS, it's old-school steam gauge only! LittleNavMap would be a good standby, or you can zoom into the World map screen and get the info you need before you fly.

Hi, Tim!

I am now clueless on what the OP wants to click on to see airport info! I wonder why he just didn't say "Gee, I miss having a GPS in this aircraft!"

Hi, Tim!

I am now clueless on what the OP wants to click on to see airport info! I wonder why he just didn't say "Gee, I miss having a GPS in this aircraft!"

Hi Charlie! Now I think about it, he CAN have a GPS in the C152 with the freeware GTN750 mod: https://pms50.com/msfs/ This adds a button to the menu bar which opens the GTN750 GPS in a pop-up window with any aircraft.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64