To load the updates

Today I was loading Flight Simulator 2020, but I kept an advice “upgrade free necessary, go to Microsoft Store to download it. Press OK”. But by pressing ok I went to a Netflix page and I do not know how find the upgrade and the name of it, Can someone help me? Many thanks

giorda35

1. In Windows go to the Microsoft Store.

2. Click on Library in the lower left corner.

3. Click on the large blue button that reads Get Updates, in the upper right.

4. Wait for the update to finish.

5. Start MSFS as usual. It will find a second update, all normal. Install that update.

6. MSFS will then load as usual. Now go to your Content Manager and there are at least 4 things to update there depending on your MSFS version and installation.

So there are three parts to this one update.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Are you sure it didn't take you to the Microsoft Store? Currently for me it shows ads for Netflix and other applications.

Try opening the Microsoft Store from the Start menu, and then click the Library icon at the bottom left. From there you should be able to click Get Updates at the top right. Once the base sim application has been updated, re-open the sim and let it download the next batch of updates. Finally, after the sim is finished updating, go to Profile, then Content Manager in the sim, and download any content updates you see.

My ongoing 'geezer rant' about these updates?

The Microsoft Windows OS seems to find a way to completely update itself with virtually NO intervention on my part, and has always done so. I remain at a loss to understand why THIS Microsoft product requires this level of personal interactions just to fly its make-believe airplanes.

If Randy ruled the world?

THERE IS AN UPDATE

Step 1 - You click on the game.

Step 2 - The game performs its complete update while you go about your day.

Step 3 - You play the game.

Now is that really too much to ask?

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

THERE IS AN UPDATE

Step 1 - You click on the game.

Step 2 - The game performs its complete update while you go about your day.

Step 3 - You play the game.

This is what happens on Xbox. In fact, if you quit out of the sim but leave your Xbox on standby (as I do) the sim updates itself automatically.

Then I only need to go into the Content Manager to download the optional updates there.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64