Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A cautionary tale...

Sorry, I have to disagree. MFS works fine on my mid-range computer. I get an occasional stutter when starting a flight, but beyond that, I have good scenery and acceptable. Caveat, my simulator is stock other than the Working Title CJ4 amd G1000. I had to change a few control assignments but nothing I couldn't handle. My scenery is fine, and my fps a very acceptable 45 yo 60. I fly mostly ga aircraft low and slow. Nothing is overclocked.
    AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, GIGABYTE AMD Radeon 5700XT, 32mb DDR4 RAM @ 3600 mbs, Asrock X570 motherboard

Notice people that gripe NEVER post computer specs? Week PCs perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    You need to report this on the official forums here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c...erformance/211
    Exactly, Asobo I doubt even goes here! LOL

No posts in these forums from the Original Poster asking for help, yet gripes about MSFS. Maybe if you asked the appropriate questions people get you to a better spot with your sim. How do we know you even own it? Only see posts from you about FS9. Me think just another fanboy here with wanting to gripe to the wrong forum about a sim they can't run on their weak machine.

Quote Originally Posted by markhoare View Post
    Hi all,

Just a quick post to warn any potential buyers not to buy the the Microsoft/Asobo flight simulator. It is a total disaster. Sim update 5 has broken it completely. I removed the sim from my system and tried a reinstall and guess what, it won't even reinstall. The only possible way forward is to reinstall windows 10 from scratch and try again but even that might not work. So please be careful people, this sim is a total waste of money.

So it is back to FSX and my beloved FS9 which I will continue to use indefinitely. Microsoft and Asobo, you are a waste of space.
    I've installed Windows 10 ONE TIME and installed MSFS ONE TIME. Both work just fine. It is a waste of time do a "fresh" install.

I gave up that re-install from scratch crap long ago.
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Hi Mark
    Guess you are like me, and drop in here occasionally to see if things have improved any.
    Afraid not, it is the same shambles it was when released. It works for some, heavens knows how, but the majority of us are expected to be beta testers.
    Eventually, Microsoft will have to step in and develop it properly, that is if they don't just drop it like Flight and FSX.
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by durhambuilder View Post
    Hi Mark
    Guess you are like me, and drop in here occasionally to see if things have improved any.
    Afraid not, it is the same shambles it was when released. It works for some, heavens knows how, but the majority of us are expected to be beta testers.
    Eventually, Microsoft will have to step in and develop it properly, that is if they don't just drop it like Flight and FSX.
    Geoff
    Is this to me or the OP? Both Mark.

IF you have (a) a reasonably good computer system and (b) patience and persistence when problems arise, go for it. MSFS2020 is without a doubt the most advanced flight sim ever created, and is becoming more so with time. If you don't, then best to stay away at least for a while. This is a 10-year project (as announced when it was released a year ago) and is not for everyone, but the rewards are fantastic if you stay with it and work through the issues.

Alienware Aurora R11, 32 GB ram, Intel i7-100700F, GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnJohn View Post
    Notice people that gripe NEVER post computer specs? Week PCs perhaps?
    Bug thread on official forum is now approaching 500 post. Makes me wonder if you are actually trying to use this software as a flight sim or if your just flying between the buildings from an outside view in NYC with an xbox controller. If the later then ya the sim works fine.

I'm not sure if the previous post is directed to me, but for the record, I fly it as a simulator with full cockpit controls, ATC, the works. I do not own X-Box.

Let me say two more things. First the MSFS users who are enjoying good results with the latest update -- I am one of them -- need to appreciate that many people are not, and this should concern everybody. Second, the reverse is also true: those who are having major problems need to acknowledge that many others are not having problems. What everybody should want to know is, why such different experiences? It is a bit perplexing, though I think the differences in computer systems and setups account for some of it.
    Last edited by cobalt; 08-01-2021 at 08:04 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast