Redundant Gauges

ac103010

Try GaugeExplorer in the library here: search for gaugeexp.zip

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

One quick trick I started doing was when I got a download that included a "gauges" folder, I transferred all of those gauges to the aircraft's panel folder. That way if I didn't like the aircraft and deleted it, the gauges went with it. That should help get rid of the unnecessary gauges from now on! :D

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

That should help get rid of the unnecessary gauges from now on!

But has the disadvantage that when you have more than one aircraft using the same gauge, you also have multiple copies of the gauge. So care is needed.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

But has the disadvantage that when you have more than one aircraft using the same gauge, you also have multiple copies of the gauge. So care is needed.

Very true when deleting things you think you may not need again! ;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I've tried running gaugeexp.zip but get an error message saying I need to instal Net Framework ver 1.1.4322. I follow the on screen instructions and downlaod and instal the version indicated in the downloads, but keep getting the same error message.

Allan

Very true when deleting things you think you may not need again! ;)

Another thing to be aware of is if you use FS Panel Studio to build or modify panels and you want to add a gauge, FS Panel Studio will only access gauges that are in your FSX main Gauge folder, not from gauges that are in an aircraft's panel folder.

I've tried running gaugeexp.zip but get an error message saying I need to instal Net Framework ver 1.1.4322. I follow the on screen instructions and downlaod and instal the version indicated in the downloads, but keep getting the same error message.

Allan

There are 32bit and 64bit versions of the .Net framework packages, check that you're installing the right one for your system. There's no need to uninstall the one you've already installed, it won't harm anything.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Another thing to be aware of is if you use FS Panel Studio to build or modify panels and you want to add a gauge, FS Panel Studio will only access gauges that are in your FSX main Gauge folder, not from gauges that are in an aircraft's panel folder.

Yes it will. In the gauges menu, click on the three dots at the top of the list.

Sorry it's the Add a new gauge menu.