Tower view sound problem..

vomacka

I am having a strange "sound" problem when I use Tower view in my Win10, FSX/Acceleration. Let me try to explain this...

When I switch to tower view I get a strange "whooshing" sound. It almost sounds like wind, even though I have wind setting turned off. I only get this sound in tower view.

Here are the details on what I have tried to fix this...

The "whooshing" sound happens with ALL default and add-on planes/helicopters when viewed from the tower.

The "whooshing" sound happens at ALL default and add-on airports when viewed from the tower.

I have tried changing most of the games UI menu settings. No change.

I have had the game create a new FSX.CFG file. No change.

I have changed all sound settings in the games SOUND menu. No change.

I tried changing the DEFAULT sound device in the games SOUND menu. No change.

I tried deleting FSUIPC4. No change.

I reinstalled FSUIPC4. No change.

I tried changing the default flight. No change.

I tried changing the weather to clear and NO winds. No change.

I tried to change some of the ATC options. No change.

My audio device is a on-board Realtek device used through my two speakers.

I updated the audio/sound drivers. No change.

I have the setting " Windows detects communication activity" to "Do nothing". No change.

At this point, I am at a loss on where to go. I have changed setting on both the game and the sound device. Nothing works.

I am at a complete loss. This baffles:( me..

So, where do I go from here?

Scott.

Windows 10 Home 64bit. FSX Deluxe with Acceleration. Motherboard: ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0 LGA1151 (Intel 8th Gen) DDR4 HDMI VGA H310 Micro ATX. Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-8350K. Video: EVGA GeForce GT 1030 DDR4, 02G-P4-6232-KR, 2GB SDDR4. Memory: Kingston (2X 8Gb) 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz.

I am having a strange "sound" problem when I use Tower view in my Win10, FSX/Acceleration. Let me try to explain this...

When I switch to tower view I get a strange "whooshing" sound. It almost sounds like wind, even though I have wind setting turned off. I only get this sound in tower view.

Here are the details on what I have tried to fix this...

[snip]

So, where do I go from here?

Scott.

In your FSX.cfg file, check the entry under [sound] for SOUND_LOD=

If it reads SOUND_LOD=0 try changing it to SOUND_LOD=1 and see if that solves your problem. If not, change it back.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

set realtek to the basic setting of

use two front speakers and to

audio enhancements off.

also try with a different user plane.

one wooshing sound that comes to mind is driving and parked fuel trucks. To test if thats it set "airport vehicles" to 0 (zero) in fsx settings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, let me try to answer all your questions..

The "whooshing" sound is there even when I "fly". It is even there when In instant replay "tower" view. So the sound is constant in tower view.

WAIT...WAIT...WAIT..!!:eek:

I just changed SOUND_LOD=0 to "1". I think the "whooshing" sound is gone... I am still testing at different airports and aircraft.

Let me test this and I will let you know. I hope this works.

If changing SOUND_LOD=1 does work, can you explain to me why and how it works? I don't really know what this parameter is or does?

Scott

Windows 10 Home 64bit. FSX Deluxe with Acceleration. Motherboard: ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0 LGA1151 (Intel 8th Gen) DDR4 HDMI VGA H310 Micro ATX. Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-8350K. Video: EVGA GeForce GT 1030 DDR4, 02G-P4-6232-KR, 2GB SDDR4. Memory: Kingston (2X 8Gb) 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz.

Changing SOUND_LOD=1 worked!! :):):)

Can you explain to me why and how it works? I don't really know what this parameter is or does?

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions! You guys are great!

Scott

Changing SOUND_LOD=1 worked!! :):):)

Can you explain to me why and how it works? I don't really know what this parameter is or does?

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions! You guys are great!

Scott

Hi Scott,

It turns enhanced airport and AI aircraft sounds on and off. It is a matter of opinion as to whether they are an enhancement! I believe the tower position is designated as the centre of the airport as far as the general "airport noise" is concerned so I was guessing that's why it was particularly noticable in tower view.

This setting is "on" by default in the earlier FSX incarnations, but "off" by default in FSX-Steam.

Glad you are sorted!

John

Edited by johnhinson

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!