Msfs 2020 world update #3

Hi! most of knew that world update was scheduled for 11th February but till now (12/02/21 11.15am GMT) it has not happened

When you start the sim the update automatically asks to be installed, I have checked the Microsoft Store and it's not there either

hope Microsoft update their new date and time and Flightsim.com will learn

They announced it yesterday on the flightsimulator.com forums: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/

"World Update 3 is in its final polish phase and is now locked in for release on Tuesday, February 16th. The team is putting the finishing touches on all aspects of this massive update, and we appreciate your continued patience."

What the Polish have got to do with it is a mystery! :D

On second thought, in the UK if you want any job finishing properly and on time, only the Polish can do it! :D

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I was on the official flight sim site for a couple of hours yesterday evening (as I think you were Tim) & getting logged out every two minutes due to the number of us on there LOL

I was all good fun though :)

Shame about the delay but hopefully it’ll mean there’ll be less bugs at the end of the day. Only problem for me is I won’t be able to install it until next Thursday due to work commitments 😫

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

#1 - I'm very glad to see Asobo continue the herculean efforts to make constant improvements to their offering.

#2 - for those with slower internet, I note that this update is being called "Massive" so IMHO plan the download accordingly.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Do we have a date yet.... I'm very happy to see them deley the update whilst they get it right........

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Do we have a date yet.... I'm very happy to see them deley the update whilst they get it right........

Yes, next Tuesday (16th)

Looks like it will happen this time too. Not that I’ll have time to install until Thursday though 😢

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

What the Polish have got to do with it is a mystery! :D

On second thought, in the UK if you want any job finishing properly and on time, only the Polish can do it! :D

Probably Drzewiecki Design (ul. Rawicka 22 04-817 Warszawa Poland) is doing the final certification :)

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro