Fatal Error Fix?

pdmike

It all depends on what the "Faulting Module" is!

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer, select Custom Views-> Administrative Events.

One of the listed events will be for your CTD. The "Faulting Module" should point to the problem area.

Tell us what the Faulting Module is! That will point us in the direction of the proper error, aiding in troubleshooting

BELOW IS A SAMPLE OF WHAT YOU MIGHT SEE!\cf0\b0\fs20\par

General Tab:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

\cf1\b Faulting module name: This is what we need to Know!

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000ee3a

Faulting process id: 0x748

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0253dc4b69d4

Faulting application path: R:\\FSX\\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: R:\\FSX\\window.dll

Report Id: 9caf77b4-6e50-11e2-8570-3085a99825d1

If there is not one listed:

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000,

you will need to do as previously noted

No Faulting Module? ->

Remove all of the add-ons, and test the sim. If it works OK, then reinstall them one at a time and test.

Be sure to test each thoroughly before moving on to the next

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

It all depends on what the "Faulting Module" is!

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer, select Custom Views-> Administrative Events.

One of the listed events will be for your CTD. The "Faulting Module" should point to the problem area.

Tell us what the Faulting Module is! That will point us in the direction of the proper error, aiding in troubleshooting

BELOW IS A SAMPLE OF WHAT YOU MIGHT SEE!\cf0\b0\fs20\par

General Tab:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

\cf1\b Faulting module name: This is what we need to Know!

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000ee3a

Faulting process id: 0x748

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0253dc4b69d4

Faulting application path: R:\\FSX\\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: R:\\FSX\\window.dll

Report Id: 9caf77b4-6e50-11e2-8570-3085a99825d1

If there is not one listed:

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000,

you will need to do as previously noted

No Faulting Module? ->

Remove all of the add-ons, and test the sim. If it works OK, then reinstall them one at a time and test.

Be sure to test each thoroughly before moving on to the next

No faulting module listed. Not on board for removing all add-ons. Some of them are very old and I doubt that I would be able to replace them.

Most of the stuff I have read on the Internet (and elsewhere on this forum) puts the blame on a faulty .dll file (UIAutomationcore.dll). But guys report mixed results with replacing it.

Does the error happen because of a lot of switching screens? Maybe between cockpit to outside view and back?

Yes. I will decide to save a flight. Flight/Save and then I get the Fatal Error. Or I can decide to change the weather. Fatal Error. So long as I just fly, all is good. But if I decide to go into the menu for some reason, that's when it happens. Not all the time. In fact, not most of the time but, when it does happen, that's the activity that seems to trigger it. It rarely happens when I am using the S-key to switch views.

No faulting module listed. Not on board for removing all add-ons. Some of them are very old and I doubt that I would be able to replace them.

Most of the stuff I have read on the Internet (and elsewhere on this forum) puts the blame on a faulty .dll file (UIAutomationcore.dll). But guys report mixed results with replacing it.

IMPORTANT! You do not need to replace uiautomationcore.dll, you need to fix what is causing that DLL to fail. Ignore those dubious sites that tell you to download and install a file they are offering. They are illegal if they are making such files available and there is every chance they may contain something malicious.

Microsoft recognise this as a possible problem in Windows 7, so if that is your oprtating system your solution may be here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/applications-crash-when-automated-by-a-ui-automation-client-app-in-windows-b746d17a-fda1-a1a2-9290-431fa155e859

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

it could well be your uiautomation.dll take a look here;

https://www.dll-files.com/uiautomationcore.dll.html

Had similar issue with Win10 until I downloaded and installed a new one.

Mine is 6.0.5840.16386

It goes in your main FSX folder btw

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Does the error happen because of a lot of switching screens? Maybe between cockpit to outside view and back?

Charlie - Funny you should mention the above, happened to me last night, I was stuck on an outside view and was trying very hard to get back inside, when I did, the 747 only flew for a few minutes and it froze up and I, too, got the message!

Rick :cool:

Charlie - Funny you should mention the above, happened to me last night, I was stuck on an outside view and was trying very hard to get back inside, when I did, the 747 only flew for a few minutes and it froze up and I, too, got the message!

Rick :cool:

Sorry, Rick! Hope I didn't jinx ya! ;)

You are running the disc version of FSX and not FSX-SE? Do you already have a copy of UIAutomationcore.dll in your main FSX folder?

Disc version. installed on m hard drive. I do not have UIAutomationcore.dll in my FSX directory.

First off, THANKS to all you guys for all you help! Truly appreciated.

It's beginning to look like I need that dll dile: UIAutomationcore.dll. How do I get it without downloading it from a dangerous site?

I think you are out of luck and will have to take a chance with one of the .dll sites. All links in the flightsim topics are dead.

Found one! https://support.thefsps.com/kb/faq.php?id=15

click on the "download" in blue.

Edited by mrzippy

Well, I just flew a complete flight from LAX to SFO in the A319. During the flight, I changed views a number of times, alternated the speed, and did a few other things with the menu. No error of any kind, so looks like so far, so good. Time will tell of course, but I am hopeful we have this solved. If any problems come up in the next couple of days, I'll be back. If not, good on ya! Job well done.

Well, I just flew a complete flight from LAX to SFO in the A319. During the flight, I changed views a number of times, alternated the speed, and did a few other things with the menu. No error of any kind, so looks like so far, so good. Time will tell of course, but I am hopeful we have this solved. If any problems come up in the next couple of days, I'll be back. If not, good on ya! Job well done.

Chalk up one brownie point for progress! ;)

Charlie - Make that two brownies!! I was watching Mike's reporting back to see if it helped him, which it did! I looked at my FSX root directory to see if I had that UIAutomationcore.dll file and I DID NOT! So, with Mike having positive results, I figured I would give it a try and I tried everything I did last night that caused the "fatal error" and I could not get it to act up! Yipppeeeeee!

Charlie and Mike - Thank you! I like it when you have something that actually works! Mike, remember Charlie (mrzippy) as he has forgot more than most of us will ever know! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool::cool:

Charlie - Make that two brownies!! I was watching Mike's reporting back to see if it helped him, which it did! I looked at my FSX root directory to see if I had that UIAutomationcore.dll file and I DID NOT! So, with Mike having positive results, I figured I would give it a try and I tried everything I did last night that caused the "fatal error" and I could not get it to act up! Yipppeeeeee!

Charlie and Mike - Thank you! I like it when you have something that actually works! Mike, remember Charlie (mrzippy) as he has forgot more than most of us will ever know! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool::cool:

Thanks, Rick! That's why I wear a hat so the info has a harder time leaking out! Some does spill out my ears! :rolleyes::cool:

It's been a number of days. I have used FSX a lot, doing just about everything you can do from the menu over and over again. No Fatal Error. Problem solved. Sticking that .dll file in there is what did it. Thank y'all.

Same here Mike, I added that file right after you did and I have had no issues either! Yipeeeeeee!

Rick:cool: