CLS 747 textures not appearing in library

eggeater

I've been trying to get several extra liveries for the 747-200/300 from cls, and I always install them correctly, as instructed. Yet somehow they don't show up in my library when I search for it. I haven't figured out why, only a few have actually shown up, the rest have simply vanished. There are at least 10 textures that just are gone. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong if anything? Any help would be appreciated. :)

I've been trying to get several extra liveries for the 747-200/300 from cls, and I always install them correctly, as instructed. Yet somehow they don't show up in my library when I search for it. I haven't figured out why, only a few have actually shown up, the rest have simply vanished. There are at least 10 textures that just are gone. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong if anything? Any help would be appreciated. :)

Show us the aircraft .cfg file and we'll see...

Maybe check the following in the aircraft.cfg:

1. Check the [fltsim.x] headings increment in number, otherwise the first will be the only one to show
  2. Check the sim= line matches the name of the *.air file (without the .air suffix)
  3. Check the model= refers to a vaild model subdirectory (and that has the necessary files in it).
  4. Check the panel= refers to a vaild panel subdirectory (and that has the necessary files in it).
  5. Check the sound= refers to a vaild sound subdirectory (and that has the necessary files in it).
  6. Check the ui_manufacturer= reads to the heading you are looking for the aircraft under

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Maybe check the following in the aircraft.cfg:

1. Check the [fltsim.x] headings increment in number, otherwise the first will be the only one to show
  2. Check the sim= line matches the name of the *.air file (without the .air suffix)
  3. Check the model= refers to a vaild model subdirectory (and that has the necessary files in it).
  4. Check the panel= refers to a vaild panel subdirectory (and that has the necessary files in it).
  5. Check the sound= refers to a vaild sound subdirectory (and that has the necessary files in it).
  6. Check the ui_manufacturer= reads to the heading you are looking for the aircraft under

John

+1

Sound= doesn't matter for the selection screen, but if it points to an invalid entry, you'll have no sound of course.

The best and easiest way is to check for differences between the [fltsim.x]-sections that show in the selection and the ones that don't.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

+1

Sound= doesn't matter for the selection screen, but if it points to an invalid entry, you'll have no sound of course.

The best and easiest way is to check for differences between the [fltsim.x]-sections that show in the selection and the ones that don't.

Wim

I've been installing them as guided. I recently noticed some left those fields empty, only giving the title and texture, I noticed this a few days ago, and added the right model= and sound=, and it still did nothing. Then I tried to place a stock texture.cfg file as was instructed, and still nothing. I know that installing these can work, as I managed to get a few into my library, and 2 actually working. I'll tinker with the .cfg files and see if I can get them working, I'll probably start by getting a few that have appeared in my library that don't work to get them.

Another key entry to check that has not been mentioned is the individual (fltsim.xx) texture= entry

The entry here must be the same as the relevant texture folder name less the word texture and the dividing . character - for example

Texture folder name is texture.abc123 then the entry should read texture=abc123

Regards

Brian

• 3 weeks later...