MSFS2020 is overall best flight sim experience since 1982!

Just have to say that after a slow start and lots of gaps...with all the latest updates and everything available in the marketplace (great airports!) and this forum...this is BY FAR the BEST flight sim experience ever! I’ve had them all since ‘82. The graphics are insane, the real weather is more and more accurate and the flight models, navigation, FMS/autopilots (still work to do here) and performance are always getting better as Asobo responds to feedback which they have been great at. Give this more time and patience and all will agree - best ever!

My sentiments exactly michaelt, thank you for posting. :D

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I agree!

I was a latecomer though. My first go on flight Sim was FS4.. I was blown away by that so you can imagine how I feel about the latest one :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

yeppers, and I say kudos to Asobo for concentrating their resources now on function before form. Once all the birds are flying properly and the controls all work well, giddy-up on all sorts of scenery enhancements.

I'm having a ball seeing the world I will never be able to visit in person.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I agree. Having almost 40 years in FS and having flown all the versions,

this sim is just great. Has a few problems which slowly are being resolved but still very enjoyable.

I fly almost every day and look for a new part of the world to discover in the amazing detail of this sim. At this moment I am flying down the West Coast of Alaska with amazing details of snow covered mountains, glaciers and many islands. Could never have imagined this many years ago.

Us old simmers are in awe with this latest version and the ones who are complaining are the people who never flew with the first versions.

I am looking forward to receive my Reverb G2 headset to try out FS2020 in VR.

Regards

Aloha from Maui!

I too have been at this since the Sublogic days and have followed along with every version since. Now, at 82 years of age, I felt this would be my final phase and decided to not hold back. Invested in a high-end gaming system last summer when it was pretty evident MSFS was soon to be released. After it all was finally set up and running, invested in a Honeycomb Alpha yoke and then the Bravo Throttle Quadrant. I thought I was in heaven, but wondered if there was more. Started to investigate VR and after reading forums and seeing things like "you'll never go back to 2D again," I decided to squander my stimulus check of $600 on an HP Reverb G2 headset. It arrived four days ago and I must say I couldn't have squandered any better!!

I only fly GA aircraft, and mostly in Bush/rural areas, and with VR, I am finding it difficult to tear myself away from the computer!! You truly must experience it yourself to fully appreciate how far this technology has come . . . and I believe it will continue to grow and only enhance our enjoyment of this wonderful hobby. I might even give up golf now!!

Thanks to all who contribute on these forums and help to perpetuate everyone's enjoyment of flight-simming.

A positive post. How refreshing. Seriously, it is good to hear that many of us like the sim and are standing by it.
I-7 9700 OC to 4.7Ghz, MPG 2390 Mobo, 32 Gig ram, Dark Rock Pro fan, 1-TB SSD, 4-TB rotating drive, RTX 2070 Super, LG 34" curved monitor, Honeycomb Yoke and Throttle quadrant, Windows 10.​

I couldn't agree more!!

It has been a long and interesting journey from the green-screen Chuck Yeagar sim, through Sub-Logic's ATP and numerous MS versions. I thought FSX couldn't get any better - wrong!

I can't wait to see how this "industry" will evolve and if I can keep up with it.

Keep flying . . .

My system specs:

W10 64 Bit OEM Version 2004 (19041.685)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E; 32GB RAM

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700KF 8-Core/8-Thread Processor

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 8GB

Amen to this. I am one of those geezers who started with FS II in the early 80's (I imagine younger simmers are tired of hearing that phrase!), and most recently enjoyed FSX with multiple enhancements for almost 15 years, but have never enjoyed a level of satisfaction remotely close to what MSFS now provides. As we all know, this sim, like its predecessors, is not without its flaws and growing pains, and I am sympathetic to those experiencing problems with it. Nevertheless it has been painful to read, in this and other forums, diatribes and tantrums directed at MSFS with a level of vitriol that I find hard to believe, and that go beyond the limits of civilized discourse. This thread is a great counter to that unpleasantness. Thanks a bunch!

I started with FS 98 and even bought Flight. Had FSX on my drive since it's release, but didnt start it for the last 5 or 6 years.

I learned about MSFS2020 in early october 2020, held of until end november, couldnt play it on my old PC.

On december 19th 2020 I got my new PC (I7-10700K, 32 gigs ram, RTX 3060TI and m.2 ssd)

Installed MSFS2020 and couldnt play it because I needed a new joystick.

Just before X-mas and in a Corona Lock down. (everybody working from home, shops closed, schools closed)

There were none available on-line. I mean NONE!

I found one barely used, connected it, started up 2020 and almost dropped of my chair.

With everything maxed out the lowest I get is 25fps, mostly around 45, I use the VFR enhanced map viewer and this sim is so spot on and enjoyable.

Yes, there are things that need improvement, but with current patch and development rate and the upcoming Xbox release (that probably means an extra cash injection for Asobo and MS) I think this sim has a bright future.

17-10700K, RTX3060TI, 32 ram, 500G M.2 SSD. Windows10, MSFS on 500 SSD

It occurs to me that from now on anybody studying for a degree in geology will have to have access to FS2020. The sim gives a view of terrain that can be seen in no other way - not even close.
i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

Me too, been simming since FS4, 3 1/2 diskette. With all releases after that I was always 5 or more years behind in having a system that could run the latests version. (Only begin 2019 I was able to buy a FSX capable PC) I purchased... MSFS from the start through the $1 XBOX game pass option, I still use it but never actualy bought it. 3 month's Game Pass for $ 4,00, 1 month (free) through a sales promotion from buying a headset, 1 month (free) through a promotion of 'Pringles XBox (have to buy lots of Pringles though) My system: 5 years old: I7 6700K GTX1050 TI RAM16G 1600 My 500G SSD is completely filled with FSX SE and all UTX regions. So my MSFS is in a remote obscured folder somewhere on my 'overcrowded, super fragmented' HDD. Still I enjoy it even on Lower than Low settings. No room on my physical desktop so I 'fly' with KB and Mouse only. Been through all the MSFS patches and on my system it now flies almost as stable as FSX although TBH I can only fly C152 and similar light planes. AP is beyond my horizon as yet. The one thing that strikes me most in my recent MSFS months is that no matter how difficult the sim was at the beginning I've never had not 1 single CTD ever. So at this moment for me it's just trying to safe some $$'s like with all my previous FS versions. I'm sure that Microsoft and Asobo will continue improving the sim. happy flying................ Edited by piet06273

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

I'm enjoying it as well. I love how Jacksonville, FL (KJAX) looks, even though the scenery is over 5 years old (places still there that were torn down a couple of years ago), but for the most part, very accurate. Heck, I even found my house, complete with my red Ford Ranger sitting in the driveway (since sold) in the driveway.

Improvements have come from the developers, and the help I've received on this forum, WOW!!!!!

Think I will take a spin around the city :)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Agreed! While sure there are still things I'd like worked out, the FS world seems so much bigger now that the scenery is so much more realistic.

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Yep. Terrific program, continues to surprise and impress me almost daily. I'm an old gamer with currently a couple of hundred unplayed titles from Epic and GOG on my virtual shelf, and when I sit down at the PC I don't want to play any of them, I just want to see someplace new or perfect my landings a little better in MSFS.

August

It’s a terrific sim. It’s got me logging hours again after years away from the hobby. Of course, the pandemic plays a role in that too.

And it’s been a long wait, but I’m excited to see all the new third party aircraft in the works.

I had ALL the MS flight sim versions, of course starting with Ver. 1 and 2 on floppies - skipped FS95 (which as it turned out was a real turkey).

Now it's the fabulous Ver. 2020, which hopefully will be perfected before the end of 2021...