Annoying 'features'

After procrastinating when to purchase given the problems some purchasers have reported since August I am now the 'proud' owner of MSFS2020.

I haven't actually done a flight yet but have waded through all the settings, setting them to my preferences and recommendation from other people who have posted tutorial videos. The download procedure was easy leaving it to complete while I was asleep in bed so no idea how long it took only that it was less than 10 hours (my internet speed is around 52Mbps).

So far there are TWO BIG ANNOYANCES.

Firstly when I double click on the icon the start there is no 'busy' icon to suggest that the startup has actually commenced. I have never seen this before with any other application and at times thinking that perhaps I didn't double click correctly I have done it again only to be visually advised that it is already running!

Secondly for some reason or other once it does start and displays the first 'screen' (can't remember if it has a name but the one which allows you to select World Map, Flight Training, etc) my mouse pointer has disappeared so selecting what I want to do is difficult. Today I found that if I left click anywhere on the screen the mouse pointer magically appears. Not sure if I have had this 'problem' with any other application.

I would appreciate anyone commenting on this.

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

You're not alone jparnold, it is annoying to be left "in the dark" not knowing if the dang program is loading or not. How hard would it be to to place a "One Moment Please" notice on the screen?

But there is no doubt in my mind, MSFS2020 is going to be a fantastic user experience once the development teams bring it all together.

Just hope, at 75, I'll live long enough to see it! :rolleyes:

Me too. I'm also 75 :)

I hope that someone who can rectify this anomaly reads this.

John

I am thinking that both of your annoyances could be controlled in the settings for realism. Have a look in the ASSISTANCE section. I'm sure someone will know how to 'control' these things.

John

...BIG ANNOYANCES.

Firstly when I double click on the icon the start there is no 'busy' icon to suggest that the startup has actually commenced. I have never seen this before with any other application and at times thinking that perhaps I didn't double click correctly I have done it again only to be visually advised that it is already running!

THIS!!!

Also after they took out the Press any key to continue screen, it was replaced with a black screen that also made you wonder what was going on. They have since fixed it though.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

It already is, for me.

and me :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

My biggest annoyance is bug guts on the windscreen. There are two areas where I don't want realistic behavior in the sim: smudged wind screen and to get arrested for landing on main street.

We used to use Coke to clean off the bugs. Just write a program to have a handler pour Coke on the windscreen. :-) Seriously that feature would really bug me.

Liquid cooled, Intel i7-10700K, NVIDIA 3070, G.Skill Ram 32 GB, 2TB M.2 NVME. Z490 MB Loads of Christmas lights. :pilot:

Hey TightGit when I next visit the UK (was booked for last September but had to cancel for obvious reasons) we must get together as I too am at that age. Maybe we can meet in the 'virtual skies' if we both fly in a multiplayer session one day - I am yet to get to try that out with 2020.

John