KJFK (New York) to RJTT (Tokyo) Lovely 13 Hour "Sprint"

Just kind of let her run one day while taking care of Mom's affairs. She passed on November 6, 2020. It's taken a bit to try and get back into some type of normalcy. Just had enough motivation today to do a little posting. 2020 can bite me!

fsscr000.jpg

Something not quite right with this picture. Never fly when distracted.

fsscr001.jpg

fsscr002.jpg

fsscr003.jpg

fsscr004.jpg

fsscr005.jpg

fsscr006.jpg

fsscr008.jpg

fsscr009.jpg

fsscr010.jpg

fsscr011.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David - Sorry to hear of your Mom's passing, that's a very hard thing to go thru! It will take time for healing, but maybe the sim and your friends can help you thru this most trying time! Oh forgot to mention, close the aircraft's door before you "put the pedal to the metal!" :rolleyes:

Take care! Rick

Edited by Downwind66

David - Sorry to hear of your Mom's passing, that's a very hard thing to go thru! It will take time for healing, but maybe the sim and your friends can help you thru this most trying time! Oh forgot to mention, close the aircraft's door before you "put the pedal to the metal!" :rolleyes:

Take care! Rick

What he said!! Another chestnut I can recall hearing on a daily basis while RW flying was "It's a Damned Checklist USE IT!!" ;)

I recently read an article in AOPA written by H-46 driver who burned up his APU and almost caused an international incident because he didn't use his checklist turn it off before the 30 minute limit!!:eek::eek: I've seen people stood down for 30 to 90 days for less! (So says the guy who landed his V-35 Bonanza sim the other day with the gear up!!) :o:o TBTG, IT WAS ONLY A SIM!!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Take care! Rick

Thanks Rick, very kind of you. I've had a lot of support from many people. Just kind of in a daze and fog right now. I pilot terms, IMC!

I'll get back with things I'm sure. Who would leave a dang door open taking off!?

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What he said!! Another chestnut I can recall hearing on a daily basis while RW flying was "It's a Damned Checklist USE IT!!" ;)

I recently read an article in AOPA written by H-46 driver who burned up his APU and almost caused an international incident because he didn't use his checklist turn it off before the 30 minute limit!!:eek::eek: I've seen people stood down for 30 to 90 days for less! (So says the guy who landed his V-35 Bonanza sim the other day with the gear up!!) :o:o TBTG, IT WAS ONLY A SIM!!

Michael

Checklist in a sim? Who'd a thunk it?? :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry to hear about your Mom David. It's a difficult thing to go through and it will take a while come to terms with it. Just hang in there.

Thank you kindly Larry

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Checklist in a sim? Who'd a thunk it?? :D

Actually,

As an old RW guy I don't feel like I'm flying unless I get RW weather reports, use checklists, move flight controls, and try to duplicate the whole process except the pre-flight walk-around. I even tried using Bob to do it, but couldn't figure how to kick the tires. And Yes I probably have OCD about that kind of thing! :o

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Actually,

As an old RW guy I don't feel like I'm flying unless I get RW weather reports, use checklists, move flight controls, and try to duplicate the whole process except the pre-flight walk-around. I even tried using Bob to do it, but couldn't figure how to kick the tires. And Yes I probably have OCD about that kind of thing! :o

Yep, I’m trying to get that “walk around “ feel with the checklist. Not quite feeling it. :cool:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David, sorry for your loss. Letting go of a family member is difficult. Enjoyed this share as always, and great to have you around!

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

David, sorry for your loss. Letting go of a family member is difficult. Enjoyed this share as always, and great to have you around!

Thanks James, greatly appreciated!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My condolences David, that's a rough go. Hang in there! :)

Thank you very much. I’m hanging in there.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i once did something like this and never knew door was open till i was arrived!!

my condolances as well

Thank you for the thoughts.

kind of hard to notice the breeze in the cockpit :rolleyes:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]