I would like to use my Ch Eclipse Yoke and the CH pedals for controls. Since they are separate usb connections, how can I combine them into a single conrtoller?
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, GIGABYTE AMD Radeon 5700XT, 32mb DDR4 RAM @ 3600 mbs, Asrock X570 motherboard

Flight Simulators have axis inputs for aircraft control surface functions.

You plug in both (I have 3 - yoke, pedals, and throttle quadrant) controllers, and simply assign the axis to the appropriate controller.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Can you leave a yoke and stick plugged in and just use the one you want appropriate to the aircraft?

Yes, I do, with no problems.

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

Can you leave a yoke and stick plugged in and just use the one you want appropriate to the aircraft?

THAT might cause a conflict because they BOTH would share same input functions.

Is there a reason plugging and un-plugging a single USB device is a problem? USB devices are HOT PLUGGABLE by design.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

THAT might cause a conflict because they BOTH would share same input functions.

Is there a reason plugging and un-plugging a single USB device is a problem? USB devices are HOT PLUGGABLE by design.

Dogdish,

Thanks. I think I'll use the USB ports on the front of the case to do just that. I'll keep the pedals connected to the rear ports and switch out the other controllers as needed.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, GIGABYTE AMD Radeon 5700XT, 32mb DDR4 RAM @ 3600 mbs, Asrock X570 motherboard

Dogdish,

Thanks. I think I'll use the USB ports on the front of the case to do just that. I'll keep the pedals connected to the rear ports and switch out the other controllers as needed.

That sounds like a better plan.

Myself I have a 4 port powered hub that I plug into a single port on the front. Pedals are used in EVERY type of aircraft so they stay plugged in first. Then either a joystick (Airbus) or a yoke (Boeing) next. Finally either a CH Products Pro Throttle (single engine) or a Throttle Quadrant (multi engine) for everything else.

Maybe that's what you meant by combining controllers?