Still Trying to return the Green King Air to Jan

Rupert

As some of you remember, Jan Peerhoven was kind enough to lend me a King Air some months back. It has been very handy to use and I've flown it over several parts of the world. And of course I've always appreciated his loan!

Sadly Jan seems to be off his medicine yet again!! He has even gone so far as to accuse me of stealing the plane he loaned me!!:eek::eek:

So being the loyal friend, maybe only friend, he has, I returning it as fast as I can. Not having a lot of excess cash or getting a Jan credit card number to buy fuel, I started in South America a few months back. I've crossed much of the Eastern US, hit Newfoundland, etc. as the charters and fuel bills allow.

In the last few posts I've traveled across parts of Ireland and the UK, going here and there as the charter business allows.

In this post we're heading out for a trip bringing a couple from the Isle of Wight back to Southampton where they can catch a larger plane to carry them and some furniture they bought nearby, home to Sweden. So I'm stuck here in Southampton. Not that it's a bad place to be stuck. Except I wish it was during the Boat Show here. I've been before and it is fabulous!! When I can find another hop taking me further East, I'll post it as well.

Please enjoy the shots, including a couple or so on the Reply. And if you know anyone needing a small aircraft hop from the UK towards anywhere in Western Europe, especially Holland, please tell them I'll meet them where they are!!

Michael

1 IOW Tower View.jpg

2 On the Duty.jpg

4 QMII Approaching Southampton Docks!.jpg

5 Lining up for approach to 20 at Southampton.jpg

6 Tower view of approach.jpg

7 Approach.jpg

8 Short Final over the train sheds.jpg

9 Tower View Reverse Taxi.jpg

10 Tail View Reverse Taxi.jpg

11 Turning to Taxiway.jpg

12 Tailview Taxiway.jpg

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Southampton Continued

13 Towerview Waitng our Turn.jpg

14 Tower View Taxi to Park.jpg

15 Tqxi to Spot.jpg

16 Parked at Southampton.jpg

As I said, I'm here in Southampton now. But I'm open to flying pretty much anywhere that will get me closer to returning Jan's plane. As senile, etc. as he seems to be getting, he might not even recognize it when I bring it back! But being a friend, probably his only one, I'm doing my part.

Michael

I think you’ve gotten to the point where you should just keep it! :D

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think you’ve gotten to the point where you should just keep it! :D

LMAO!! I can't disagree! Having said that, I've had so much fun with this narrative, I will continue it to the end!!

And frankly, I feel Jan has enjoyed this trip as well! ;)

Maybe I'll fly just a few last few flights to his home. Unless of course I commit a Jan and dump yet another aircraft into the briny deep!!!

I think Jan is passed out on on the couch once again, sadly! :D knowing Jan for over 15yrs I never knew of him having any friends, huh! :)

Back in the beginning Jan and his partner in crime Dave ran a so called aircraft maintenance and painting facility, somewhere! :rolleyes: The thing is, you always got your plane back in worse condition than when he or some of his underhanded henchman took it. :mad: Anyway, great set of shots! Now off to pop a few blood pressure pills and try and calm down. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]