16th Sept "big" Patch - works fine for me....

AS with other FS2020 enthusiasts, I'm continually surprised at the extent of the negative online feedback, especially on facebook. It's getting beyond trolling, and seems to be becoming concerted fake news.

I apologise to the (few ?) genuine complainants, there are certainly plenty of glitches and bugs, and there will be great variations in the level of hardware and user experience and knowledge.

I've just applied the big patch (today 17th Sep), and I see nothing but improvements so far, at least with GA aircraft, as I'm not very interested so far in big commercial jets.

After reading the online feedback on FB, I was quite apprehensive of applying it, as so many users were damning it worse than ever before.

No doubt Asobo are aware of all this online negativity, but I believe that the hard core of Flight Simmers (rather than gamers), will stay with it and are grateful for FS's re-incarnation.

Well I am one hard core simmer (Going way back to Sublogic days) that is finished with this beta game that was put out. Never should have been released. Should have been called Flight II and will probably be gone in a year. I am very disappointed. So as long as there are people praising this turd there will be some of us warning potential people away from this beta game.

Hey Glider...

My download and installtion of the patch also went off without a hitch. Altho, it took quite a while - about 45 minutes. But once back, I noticed and immediate increase in performance and response. FPS went up by approximately 5-7, graphics and scenery look much better. I did have to re-install the Hulett-Devils Tower and the Niagara Falls packages to the Community folder, but they came back looking better than before. The Washington DC scenery survived without any problem, as did the tree size fix.

I did notice the program boots to menu about 50 seconds sooner than previous. But the Sensitivity settings are no longer available. But I'm a GA flyer, so I can adjust.

Over all, it's much improved.

BTW. If your GA flyer, I highly recommend you download the Mt Rushmore, Devils tower and Niagrara Falls scenery and airports, cheap/free and impressive.

The Washington landmarks is also welll worth the $20 or so.

Edited by stempski

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

I too have found that it loads quicker. I can’t say my FPS has really gone up but I suppose it varies depending on your setup.

I’m still loving it. I to tend to fly the GA aircraft. You can’t beat VFR flying in this sim.

Can’t wait to see what the next patch brings :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I have been a member of Flightsim.com since 1997 (new account since 2012), and my first contact with Microsoft Flight Simulator was FS95, using every single version up to FSX.

So, I don´t consider myself a newbie, a troll, or just a gamer who came to FS 2020 to have some fun crashing a plane into a building, before geting bored and going back to killing aliens in a first person shooter.

I´m really glad that you are not having problems with this new version of the sim, but trust me, hundreds of people are having a really rough time with it. Not just "a few". Go to the official Microsoft FS forums and take a look. Do you really think all those people are paid by X-Plane developers just to make FS 2020 look bad?

It´s not fake news.

It took me two weeks just to complete the initial installation. When it was aparently complete, it was crashes to desktop all over the place until Patch 1.7.14.0. It worked fine, and I started to enjoy the sim. Some things needed more work and fine tuning, but in general, I was happy and impressed.

Until yesterday.

Patch 1.8.3.0 has completely ruined my simulator. Sensitivities gone, altered airports, non working aircraft, unreliable autopilots, crashes to desktop, stutters and sudden (and long) pauses while flying, failure to load new flights, non working manual cache, and logbook not updating.

No, I´m not trolling. No, it´s not fake news. Unfortunately, a lot of people with very different systems are reporting the same problems. There is no conspiracy against Asobo, just a lot of (understandably) pissed off people.

I´m not giving up.

I´ve been around long enough to remember hard times before, util the sim matured, or the hardware catched up (I find it amusing when people complain about the new sim´s performance: I remember FS98 at 5 fps with addon aiports on top-of-the-line systems, or FS 2000 at 8 fps on release date).

I´ve been waiting a lot of years for a sim like this, and honestly, I never thought something like what Asobo has achieved could be possible. FS 2020 is beyond what I expected in my wildest dreams, so I understand if it needs time to iron all its problems away.

I admire, respect and support the Asobo Team. I´m sure they are not having a fun time right now.

But that doesn´t change my general impression:

Microsoft rushed this product to be released sooner than it should have been. It went from alpha to beta, and then to release in no time. After what I have seen, I consider it still a beta.

It´s Ok. I´m happy to a be a beta tester. I wanted to be a part of the insider program so badly that I would have paid to have the opportunity to do so. Well, I consider now, that actually that´s what has happened: I paid 129 € to test a software in beta stage.

It´s not the end of the world.

So, enjoy the sim for us, since it is working fine for you.

But please, have a bit more empathy for those simmers, who are maybe (just maybe) more experienced, hard-core, and technically capable than you, but just can´t get the sim running... not because they are stupid, incompetent or trolls... but because the sim is not ready... YET.

Sure it will be. And will be worth it. But it is still a long way ahead of us...

Best regards.

(And please excuse my poor English, obviously, it is not my language).

Why is it so important if its ready or not ?

It has been said from inside sources that it was intentionally released early.

Because its such a complex sim that interlinks weather factors with engine, fuel consumption and aerodynamics a group of teen alpha beta testers was taking too long to address all the issues, re-test, and even then they would never be sure.

Because MSFS is so popular, if not the most popular un-advertised game in the world, they realized that in order to solve the bugs FASTER, they had to release it early and let the millions of users bring the issues. They would immediately identify the real from the imaginary by the amount of same tickets for an issue.

Its so simple, so elemental my dear Watson

Why do you think you are smart to realize its not ready.

Yes, we know, they know, everybody knows...it was intentional, thats how its suppose to be: not ready

we are the real beta testers prior an Xbox release that since has kids as main consumers must arrive clean of bugs!

Now you have a choice, get a refund or fly in the best sim ever, discovering, learning, and identifying improvements in the process. It doesn't matter what you choose, the world is full of simmers that WANT IT early anyway as it is and help it get better

But stop crying saying "its not ready" and get a job!!

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I have observed the imperfections and accepted that improvements will come until I noticed today why I can't find my way around airports in MSFS vs FSX. Using an airport diagram for MSFS is useless because some dumbnuts assigned taxiways whatever letter of the alphabet he chose rather than consult the airport diagrams for the real world airports. There's a lot of work ahead to make this "sim" anywhere near useful to a real world pilot. Of course you could just fly to/from the few enhanced airports which were done correctly.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

I think Nels should make a sub board for problems, so all the complainers can bitch with each other.

I've had ZERO problems with MSFS. That's ZERO as in, NONE.

I keep my PC in a lean state. I don't install garbage, and I if I do, it's gone the minute it causes problems.

The fact that probably 10's of thousand of people have had ZERO problems is not news, so no one reports on that. Oh, and no one forced me to buy it. It was MY choice.

I'm sure the percentage of people who have had problems is much lower than you think. It's just their constant complaining which make it seem like there's more.

I'm sure Asobo and MS want to sell more MSFS packages, so why do you think that would take a chance of driving away potential customers on purpose? This IS the internet after all. We all know how things can spread and get out of control. If this really were the piece of garbage that some of you say it is, we would know it.

So, clean your PC, get your refund, and leave us in peace.

As my older brother used to say "don't go away mad... just go away"

:) thanks

PS.

Lets do the math… 1 million copies sold, and to be generous, lets say 20,000 dissatisfied customers.

20,000 / 1,000,000 * 100 = 2% yes… thats TWO PERCENT!!! TWO out of every 100!

if only government Health care analysts could do math

Edited by stempski

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

Stop complaining about our complaining!

J/K.... :)

Aaron

OK but we'd prefer quality to quantity!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Why is it so important if its ready or not ?

It has been said from inside sources that it was intentionally released early.

Because its such a complex sim that interlinks weather factors with engine, fuel consumption and aerodynamics a group of teen alpha beta testers was taking too long to address all the issues, re-test, and even then they would never be sure.

Because MSFS is so popular, if not the most popular un-advertised game in the world, they realized that in order to solve the bugs FASTER, they had to release it early and let the millions of users bring the issues. They would immediately identify the real from the imaginary by the amount of same tickets for an issue.

Its so simple, so elemental my dear Watson

Why do you think you are smart to realize its not ready.

Yes, we know, they know, everybody knows...it was intentional, thats how its suppose to be: not ready

we are the real beta testers prior an Xbox release that since has kids as main consumers must arrive clean of bugs!

Now you have a choice, get a refund or fly in the best sim ever, discovering, learning, and identifying improvements in the process. It doesn't matter what you choose, the world is full of simmers that WANT IT early anyway as it is and help it get better

But stop crying saying "its not ready" and get a job!!

Why do you make it your mission to belittle every poster that does not agree with you or put praise on this beta game? We are upset because we were told the sim was the best thing since sliced bread. And MS charged us top dollar for a half built sim. We have just as much right to post about this game as you do. There is no need to belittle everyone that you do not agree with.

There is no need to belittle everyone that you do not agree with.

And the same applies to you. You've had your say and made your point. Over a million sales of this sim later and you're still trying to make the same point as if any of those million buyers were listening.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I can say this, I have had/have many products from MS, and each 1 had/has bugs. The developers are hard at work fixing them. If this is a bata game then I'm happy to help make it better for us PC users. Like I posted else where I find it discouraging that I paid $120 for this sim only to find it doesn't recognize my FSX controller. I do have it mapped tho some things don't work the way they should I'm over all happy with it. Once Saitek and other manufactures catch up with demand I'll fork out for a better controller.

Lets all have fun in the virtual skys. AD

If no one complains about something not working in MSFS (and some things do not work) the publisher will not fix it. It will only cause anger to some and relief to yourself to state the problem on the forum. If you find something wrong, research as best you can and report it to the publisher's Zendesk.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I'm sorry to say that I have reported some issues to Zendesk, received replies that they were "solved", and they continue to be issues following the latest update.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

I'm sorry to say that I have reported some issues to Zendesk, received replies that they were "solved", and they continue to be issues following the latest update.

To see what the patches fix you need to look at the release notes. The Zendesk issues marked as solved would be better thought of as closed, with Asobo most likely moving the bugs to an internal bug tracker. They almost certainly get multiple reports of the same bug, and don’t want to manage duplicate tickets on the Zendesk end.

The Zendesk issues marked as solved would be better thought of as closed, with Asobo most likely moving the bugs to an internal bug tracker.

Yeah, I solve most of my problems by moving them to the bottom of the file tray.

Solved may have several meanings. If Asobo reads your ticket, discovers it is a problem, puts the solution on the list to repair in the next appropriate patch, to them it is solved. It may be mionths before the solution works its way into your computer, but the error has been recognized and a solution created.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Solved may have several meanings. If Asobo reads your ticket, discovers it is a problem, puts the solution on the list to repair in the next appropriate patch, to them it is solved. It may be mionths before the solution works its way into your computer, but the error has been recognized and a solution created.

Exactly. Zendesk is for external use with clients and end users. The developers will be working off their own internal bug tracking system. Solved in Zendesk doesn’t necessarily mean the developers have fixed it. They could use a better term to be a little more clear that something has been elevated internally, or otherwise dealt with.