Flight model stability has issues. Thoughts?

I have an unstable flight model in a lot of the aircraft. The Cessna group seems the most stable but some of the others are totally unrealistic in my system. I see a lot of simmeres speak very highly of the program so I am wondering if the issue is unique to my system. I fly real planes and am very glad they don't suddenly roll right or left as some in this sim do. Their ability to fly straight and level just doesn't seem to be there. Also their response to atmospheric conditions seems over the top in most. I have not had that issue in other sims aircraft. (I have used all of the sims through the years.) This is the first I ever have had an issue with. It's worse even than any bad freeware I've tried in FSX or P3D.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Has anyone else experienced this?
  2. Are there settings that I might have ary? (I am flying in default settings of the install though I adjusted my joystick settings trying to compensate. No joy.)
  3. Are there any places to adjust the flight model sensitivity of each default aircraft?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by jring2

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

OS=Windows 10 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v3, 4, 5 REXII, OrbX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

Have you calibrated your joystick recently? What settings specifically did you adjust for it?

Yes but did it again to see if the windows update messed with it. It hadn't I decrease sensitivity 35% on x, y, and z and increased the nul zone 35% on X, Y, & Z

In addition to the calibration check already suggested. Check the sensitivity of the roll axis in the sim, it has curves for that, I had to dial mine back quite a bit to get it a little less spicy.

See response to Loki. Also the offending aircrafts roll just for spite even if I'm not using or touching the joystick. And when I say roll I barely have time to grab the joystick to try to correct before it's past 45 degrees and rolling. And even with the airport windsock at 3 knots the aircraft is all over the place.

Oh, and just to add, I also use the T-Flight Hotas x with the same results. I'm guessing its not the joystick.

Edited by jring2

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

How many joysticks do you have connected at once? Could be a conflict if you have more than one plugged in at once.

Only one at a time

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

do tou remember if accidentally pressed number 4 or 6 ?

Never accidentally. I use a three screen view. 5760 x 1200. Would that matter?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

Using the "Realistic Flight Mode" I've had a great deal of flight stability issues with the smaller prop planes - less so with the large airliners.

Tonight I discovered a solution - under the General section there is an option for flight modes. If you switch to alternate flight mode you can adjust sensitivity just like in FSX. It may actually be the FSX flight mode. For the first time I was able to land the 172 successfully. Still somewhat more sensitive then FSX but a much more pleasant experience.

Thats good to hear!

I always use "Modern" which puts all sliders at 100% Realistic Mode and seemed normal to me.

But again i have a PP license.

Now if anyone posts thread about control or sensitivity I will suggest them try your finding:

In General / Flight Model / switch from "Modern"to "Alternate" and move the sliders

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Thats good to hear!

I always use "Modern" which puts all sliders at 100% Realistic Mode and seemed normal to me.

Now if anyone posts thread about control or sensitivity I will suggest them try your finding:

In General / Flight Model / switch from "Modern"to "Alternate" and move the sliders

The one thing I didn't fault was the flight modelling, and that wasn't the reaon I dumped MSFS.

Thats good to hear!

"Modern" makes all the difference in the flight model stability. All sliders at 100% and aircraft flies normal Thanks for the info! Flying MSFS now seems a decent sim to fly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John