Set your joystick sensitivity like this

mini-SET YOUR JOYSTICK SENSITIVITY LIKE THIS.jpg

Edited by hawky007
Intel® Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz 10 Cores 20 Logic Processors , NVIDIA RT 2080Ti , ASUS-ROG STRIX Z490-H Gaming MoBo, 64Gb-JibJaw RAM , M2_2 970EVO SSD , M2_1 MLM2x30 Kinston 2Tb , OS- Windows10/64bit

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SET YOUR JOYSTICK Throttle LIKE THIS

mini-SET YOUR JOYSTICK Throttle  LIKE THIS.jpg

Edited by hawky007
Intel® Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz 10 Cores 20 Logic Processors , NVIDIA RT 2080Ti , ASUS-ROG STRIX Z490-H Gaming MoBo, 64Gb-JibJaw RAM , M2_2 970EVO SSD , M2_1 MLM2x30 Kinston 2Tb , OS- Windows10/64bit

No, not there, Not in Sensitivity, that works fine without even touching

Its in your previous Logitech Control, look for the “R Axis” under POWER chapter, not under FLIGHT CONTROL SURFACES

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

[ATTACH=CONFIG]221055[/ATTACH]

Yep, there you are

Now your throttle will work. See? Easy!

Throttle 1

Throttle 2

Throttle 3

Throttle 4

All to Axis R Slider

Thats it, you have to do it for the 4 engines in case you want to fly planes with more than one

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

In prior versions of FS, your joystick configured automatically. Why the change? I understand FS2020 is a game with a learning curve, but this bit of frustration seems unnecessary. Anyone know of a video that can walk me through the configuration process?

agree, maybe if they would have released it for december christmas as planned they would have had time to include auto detection for the many different kinds of yokes and home-made cockpits and joysticks available, Im sure xbox controller will be recognized, thats why also its not released for xbox yet.

What do you chose? have it now and configure it manually?

Or get a refund and once auto-detection is enable buy it again

Kapitan

In prior versions of FS, your joystick configured automatically. Why the change? I understand FS2020 is a game with a learning curve, but this bit of frustration seems unnecessary. Anyone know of a video that can walk me through the configuration process?

The ones listed on the official website are automatically setup in the sim. It’s older ones that many of us have that aren’t configured by default.

Yep, there you are

Now your throttle will work. See? Easy!

Throttle 1

Throttle 2

Throttle 3

Throttle 4

All to Axis R Slider

Thats it, you have to do it for the 4 engines in case you want to fly planes with more than one

I think you must have a different copy to me i dont have all options for throttle just increase and decrease do some joysticks give different options Idk because i cant get slider to work on new joystick tearing my hair out lol

Edited by Apollo212
add info

I think you must have a different copy to me i dont have all options for throttle just increase and decrease do some joysticks give different options Idk because i cant get slider to work on new joystick tearing my hair out lol

All options should be available to everyone. Are you looking at the full list, or just the essentials?

I'm having the same issue with my older trusty Logitech Freedom 2.4. Works great in FSX, but I'm having a crazy time getting everything mapped. The throttle for one it either on/off, not linear.

Look for the "Throttle Axis" option. There are individual ones for throttles 1-4, and one for all throttles.

I have a MS Sidewinder Precision Pro 2. [...] Do not use Aileron Left Axis or Aileron Right Axis. Use Aileron Axis. Repeat for the other axises and control bindings. Apply and save. [...]

Thank you for this very usefull tip. I just bought MSFS2020. At first I used the wrong key-bindings for my Logitech Force 3D Pro joystick. And I crashed like hell. After reading your post, I changed the key-bindings. Voilá: now I can take-off, fly and land in a "normal" fashion.

Thanks Westridge!

Cool Joystick Issues Solved

I have been trying for several days to fly with my new PowerSpec G434, specs seem good for MSFS 2020 (bought Premium Deluxe), but my 15 year old joystick (Microsoft Sidewinder) was VERY difficult to fly with. Mapping and remapping control surfaces, throttle, parking brake to buttons. Then trying keyboard controls. Not working very well, even with minimizing sensitivities. WELL, I bought a Thrustmaster T Flight Hotas One today ($79) and it solved ALL the issues. Separate stick and throttle and many buttons. It even automatically mapped all the controls. Much more controllable and I haven't even gotten to most of its potential yet.

I'm trying to get my Saitek ST290 Pro to work. The sim identifies it fine, and when I select it as the main controller, it even gives me a list of the buttons, POV, etc, so that I can choose what each of them does.

The problem I have is that I have no idea which button is which, and there is absolutely nothing that I can find to tell me which one is which.

On the problem of no response, have you made sure that you have up to date drivers AND SOFTWARE installed, especially for the older sticks. That's what I'm in the process of doing, on the premise that the Saitek software actually maps the location of each button for me, at least.

My ST290Pro has a very small number printed in gray on each button - they are easy to miss.

You can download Saitek software (Profile Editor) that allows you to click each button and move each axis and it will display a label on the screen

I had a little trouble getting my ST290Pro to be recognized by the sim - had to unplug both the CH Yoke and Pedals. I then used the sims controls to assign axis and function to each stick button/axis. I then left the sim, turned off the computer, plugged the pedals back in, started the computer and sim and the sim now recognizes pedals and ST290.

i7-9700K / 32GB DDR4 memory / RTX 3060 Ti with 8GB /Flight Sim on SSD and Win10 on separate SSD / 375 MegaBit / Second internet connection / HP Reverb G2

Cool Joystick Issues Solved

I have been trying for several days to fly with my new PowerSpec G434, specs seem good for MSFS 2020 (bought Premium Deluxe), but my 15 year old joystick (Microsoft Sidewinder) was VERY difficult to fly with. Mapping and remapping control surfaces, throttle, parking brake to buttons. Then trying keyboard controls. Not working very well, even with minimizing sensitivities. WELL, I bought a Thrustmaster T Flight Hotas One today ($79) and it solved ALL the issues. Separate stick and throttle and many buttons. It even automatically mapped all the controls. Much more controllable and I haven't even gotten to most of its potential yet.

Thanks for the tip CBILL737, i have the Sidewinder also, going to look at the Thrustmaster T Flight Hotas.

I have an X52 controller which I configured to use in Flight Simulator 2020. When I use the controller and throttle it moves the control surfaces of my plane but then they get stuck. For example, if I pull back on the stick the elevator moves to pitch the plane up but when I release the stick the elevator continues to pitch the plane up putting it into a loop or stall. If I push the stick forward the elevator moves to lower the pitch but when I release the stick the elevator continues to pitch down putting the plane into a dive.

The same thing happens with the ailerons and rudder. If I push the stick left or right the plane rolls but when I release the stick the roll continues increasing making it crash into the ground. A similar thing happens with the throttle. When I move the throttle forward or backwards it only seems to go instantly to full throttle or cuts the throttle to zero. It doesn’t gradually increase or decrease the throttle like it should be doing.

Does anyone know why Flight Simulator 2020 is doing this or how to fix it. How do I get the control surfaces to recenter themselves when I release and center the control stick. I don’t know why it is not working since the X52 is one of the devices that Microsoft recommended using for Flight Simulator 2020. Please help me with figuring out why it is not working, thank you.

First with your joystick, make sure you set the key assignments correctly... For some reason not even basic buttons are set up in FS2020... Also make sure that you are using the AXIS function for yaw roll and pitch, for some reason there are 3 different choice for each (+, - and axis i think).

I'm still having problem with the rudder axis on my x52 but hopeful i'll resolve it soon .

Can anyone recommend a controller, I bought 2 and returned them. The Thrustmaster Hotas ONE all the buttons worked except for the axis on flight controls i.e. ailerons, rudders, and the throttle failed to work. I re loaded the driver. it works for a day until I shut down the PC. same issue re appeared. I tried a logitech extremem 3d. After calibrating and adjusting the sensitivity. I could not control the plane.

Any brands or models that have been almost adjustment free?

Can anyone recommend a controller, I bought 2 and returned them. The Thrustmaster Hotas ONE all the buttons worked except for the axis on flight controls i.e. ailerons, rudders, and the throttle failed to work. I re loaded the driver. it works for a day until I shut down the PC. same issue re appeared. I tried a logitech extremem 3d. After calibrating and adjusting the sensitivity. I could not control the plane.

Any brands or models that have been almost adjustment free?

The list of recommended peripherals from Microsoft can be seen below.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015912899-Peripherals-compatibility

This doesn't mean that other models won't work, and it does appear that most do. I have a 20 year old CH Products Combatstick that works fine, as an example. However, in many cases you do need to manually map the controls properly for everything to work. For example, the ailerons should be mapped to the "Aileron Axis" command in the sim to work as expected. Similarly the elevators and throttles should be mapped to their respective axis commands.