Hi all,

I've seen it claimed in various placed that FS 2020 will be available to PRE-download using XBox Gamepass for PC.

I have that, but attempts to download it have been unsuccessful.

Q1 -Does anyone have the scoop on all of this pre-download stuff?

This is a big deal to me as my connection speeds are garbage... and the internet drops altogether all throughout the day... this will make the DL a nightmare.

Q2 - As a backup idea... can one get this on disc?

Thank you for your kind help.

I believe if you’ve got the game pass, then you get to download the beta. At least that’s what I’ve read.

The actual retail version will be avIlable to download on the 17th/18th (depending on your location)

Yes it is available on discs (10 discs!) from Aerosoft, but only in Europe for the time being. (You haven’t said where you are)

If you bought the disc version then you would need to have disc one in your drive whenever you want to fly. Also, you will still need to download updates & additional content anyway.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

1. You don't get the beta. If that was true, thousands would get the beta.

2. The pre-download is on the 17th just like all the other pre-orders.

3. There is no disk version except from Aerosoft for European customers. Your purchase will always be in your XBox Gamepass account for future downloads.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Apologies.. looks like I misread the beta bit

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

You read too quickly.. The Xbox GamePass is the Beta!Obviously not the sim.

For both the DVD version & the download version, before you can play, both will download updates.

By pre-ordering, all you get is a small downloader stuff, with which you will be able to download the full version that you have bought, on release day, that will be staggered as per time zones.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

I've pre-ordered and downloaded around 200mb of data, presumably the installer software. I've just launched Microsoft Store and checked for updates. Microsoft Flight Simulator is now downloading a 1.03gb update. Watch this space.

Update: After installing the update and launching Microsoft Flight Simulator, I still get the "You're too early" message. They are teasing us!

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The teaser becomes the teasee :)

Well, got to give you credit for your inquisitive nature

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro